Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 19th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Rape on carnival and rccl

I just heard about the rape and the disappearance on the cruise lines. I am devistated to hear that cruise line dont take this very seriously and provide adequate security. I dont want to feel frightened on my cruise. I am afraid to let my teen age daughter out of my sight. I can't leave her alone to fo my thing. I also heard that the disappearance of the guy could have been a insurance scam. Anyhew, I guess I will be cautious
Sponsored Links
Old August 19th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Male

Default Re: Rape on carnival and rccl

My husband and I always keep an eye out for any types of bad behaivor. If we saw anyones child be prey upon or attacked we would help the child for we have 2 children and soon to be 3 of our own.
Old August 20th, 2005, 03:28 PM
bjkeen

I love cruising, but this is the down side. Did you see the show that was on t.v.? I find the amount of rapes disturbing too. My teenagers are instructed to never walk down the hallways alone, and never go to the cabin alone (basically never go anywhere alone). I think we should start sending letters to the cruise companies asking them to have an official police officer on each ship. Plus these people who committ violent crimes should be held accountable instead of putting them off in another country to go on there merry way.
Old August 21st, 2005, 02:39 AM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to DalTX

A cruise ship is just like being on land,you have to be gurarded and aware of your suroundings.

I will say this..Ive NEVER felt unsafe on a cruise.And,I wouldnt dwell too long on this subject and make yourself crazy with worry.

One thing I have learned from being on these boards and just reading..there are many women that are (for a better term) cruise "groupies".I think a lot of these women put themselves in situations that they shouldnt and then something bad happens.Im not suggesting that these women are "asking" for it,as rape is a terrible crime.Im just saying that you will cross paths with ppl that you shouldnt trust even if you "think" they are nice ppl

I would NEVER invite a staff member or any man that I met on the ship back to my room.Just be careful and use some common sense ! And moms,its just like the "real" world,tell you kids not to trust just anyone.Just because they are crew members doesnt mean you can trust them...but on the flip side of that...you can trust many crew members..Dot
Old August 21st, 2005, 05:50 AM
Cruise Maniac

Being on a cruise is like being on land ... you have to use common sense ... be sure to not put yourself into a position that would allow such things to happen ... I think the reason people seem more alarmed about it being on a "ship" is that they see a ship as being isolated and somehow immune to human failings ...

As for teenagers ... just be sure to instruct them to behave on the ship as you would have them act at home... use the same common sense ... they are not to trust strangers on land so they should not on a ship ... have a friend along at all times ... and if it does not feel right ... do not do it and let others know ...

Candy

1st Cruise Fantasy 2004
Old August 21st, 2005, 09:20 AM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to DalTX
Default Re: Re: Rape on carnival and rccl

Candy,you said it perfect!