Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 23rd, 2005, 05:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Rollaways

Ok ... I know that there has been posts in the past about rollaways ... but would like to hear again ...

When I booked our cruise I was told we had a sofasleeper ... now I find out that in fact we will have a rollaway ...

How comfortable is it ... how big is it ... will it be stowed away during the day ...

Candy

1st Cruise Fantasy 2004
Sponsored Links
Old August 23rd, 2005, 08:27 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Rollaways

We are going on sensation 9-19-2005 , 3 in rm117 is this a bunk bed set up or two twins and yes we are also suppose to have a roll -away .if anyone knows please let me know . thanks
Old August 23rd, 2005, 08:38 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Rollaways

kat,
I personally would be upset if I was told I booked a cabin with a sofabed and then find out I am getting a rollaway bed instead. Have you talked to your TA? Since you are still 2 months out I would insist on a different cabin with sofabed if that's what you booked. I also thought Carnival stopped using rollaways. That being said, we did have a rollaway years ago and our then 4 y/o used it and it was fine for him. It was folded up during the day and put in the corner. Once we had a permanent bed on the floor like a trundle bed for our whole week when he was 16. The beds were arranged in a horseshoe. It took up more space and we didn't get to put the other beds together to make a queen. We just made it work for the week but now I would not accept that arrangement. Good luck and have a great cruise.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old August 23rd, 2005, 10:20 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Rollaways vs sofa

I am not sure, but info on sofa bed:
We were on Destiny two cruises once when son 10 and when 14 this past summer.
First of re: sofa bed-- it is the orange sofa you see pictures in photos. The backing of the couch is velcro-d to wall, my son found bed very narrow at 14. We reconfigured by pulling back off its velcro and using it then to fill gap btween wall, this was acceptable but narrow.
The cruise when he was ten had a pullman--basically a bed that comes down from ceiling by a key that the room steward has. Well not sure if he is much bigger now in relation, but I think that bed is better sized.
Perhaps the rollaway isn't so bad.

Carnival Destiny June 2001, July 2005
NCL Southward June 1985 Honeymoon!