Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2005, 06:01 AM
Boyd

Default Carnival Celebration - Dec 31st

We are considering booking the Dec 31st cruise out of Jacksonville, FL on Carnival's Celebration ship. This will be for our honeymoon. Please share experiences with me before we book. We have cruised before but only on Celebrity Cruise line (ships - Century and Horizon).

1) What can we expect on the cruise on Dec 31 - as it is New Year's eve?
2) Any thing to watch out for?
3) Any helpful hints
3) Any extra things we should pack for our comfort (for example we always carry a power strip with us because there are never enough outlets)

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2005, 10:16 PM
Passenger

Send a message via ICQ to StaceyL Send a message via AIM to StaceyL Send a message via MSN to StaceyL Send a message via Yahoo to StaceyL
Default Re: Carnival Celebration - Dec 31st

We sailed on this ship from Galvestion in July, 2003. It was a fun, 5 day cruise. It's not a big ship or new, but I love them all, and this one was well maintained and in good working order. The food and service we good and the ship has a nice flow. I've not had the pleasure of sailing on Celebrity so I can't honestly compare them. From what I understand, the decor on Carnival will be geared towards an upbeat, "fun" atmosphere. I don't decorate that way at home, but on vacation, I like it. Some like the woods and soft colors of other cruise lines and they are nice too.

Some backround; I have two children, now 13 and 16 and my husband and I are between the 35 to 45 age group. We still listen to classic rock, but also like much of the new rock too. We love anything to do with sun, water, watersports and outdoors. Any bad day cruising (is there ever one?) is 10 times better then a good day at work. So we're not hard to please. We're heading out for our 6th cruise this October 2nd on Carnival Conquest. We've also sailed on NCL and RCCI. Can't wait for October!!

Happy cruising!!
Old August 26th, 2005, 02:48 AM
Angela Wilson

Default Re: Carnival Celebration - Dec 31st

Hi, I am cruising on this ship in just three , long, weeks..lol.. I can't wait. It's my first cruise, but I will definatly let ya know what it's like.

Congrats on the honeymoon!

Angela