Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 29th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Passenger

Default front of ship cabin

we just booked on the Victory for November but our cabin is right up front and one deck up from the Lido deck so it is also pretty high up. They said it was an obstructed view but only because there was a deck out front for passengers to walk on. They said the window is high enough so nobody can just look in and it is also tinted. Does anyone know about these cabins? We needed a handicap access cabin. I had paid for a 6A guarantee cabin but there apparently weren't any handicap ones available so they upgraded us to a 6B for the same price. Thanks for any info.
Sponsored Links
Old August 30th, 2005, 09:26 AM
K aka maleficent

Default Re: front of ship cabin

I do know that the higher up and the front of the cabin yours is the more movement you feel Per Carnival. However, that cabin sounds nice for the price.
Old August 30th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Passenger

I was afraid of that. The rep told me it wouldn't be more motion up front but I thought it would be. Maybe I had better check into changing it. I was also concerned about the obstructed view. They assured me on that too that it wouldn't be a problem.
I am just afraid if I wait until we get there the ship will be sold out since it is over Thanksgiving and we won't be able to change cabins.
Thanks for the info
Old August 30th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Maleficent

I say keep it cuz you can take dramamine or any type of meds to help with the motion. I cant do it cuz im Pregnant and I can't take the meds that I use to take. I would so Keep the room you will be by everything and higher up. If I wasnt pregnant I would so book your room! But again you have to think about your needs!
Old August 30th, 2005, 01:29 PM
rosetattoo

It is my highest priority to book a stateroom as high and as far forward as I can get, love it up there....the slight motion that you feel will lull you to sleep. I've had rooms mid-ship that were so noisy (near the galley), I didn't sleep at all. I prefer motion to noise and if the ship encounters rough waters, you're going to feel the motion regardless of where your stateroom is. Also, being located far forward, there is not a lot of foot traffic past your room at all hours. I can't help you with the obstructed view problem, we have sailed on the Victory twice and always on the Lido Deck. I'd call whoever booked your cruise and ask them to please check the Upper Deck, Empress Deck, Verandah Deck and Lido Deck again for a comparable stateroom.
Old October 21st, 2005, 09:43 PM
Beginner

We are booked on the Victory for the 1/8/06 E. Caribbean. We wanted an ocean view for our "kids" (21 & 19), but a balcony for us..didn't think it was possible-but Carnival agent said yes. Booked Empress deck 7205 (ocean view 6B) and 7207 (balcony). The ocean view is facing forward. The balcony is the first balcony, starboard. I didn't have the deck plans in front of me while on the phone with her (mistake)...She never said anything about the Ocean View being obstructed view, but I realized it as soon as I ck'd online. I was wondering what it was that was obstructing the view, because on the plans there isn't anything there. I'm wondering if like emjay, there's a deck in front of their cabin also. Our balcony will be a little weird, probably--the bridge is right above.
Old October 21st, 2005, 10:11 PM
Yeoman

Default Front of ship cabin

We took a guarantee on Valor last year. We were the first balcony cabin right next to the bridge. We thought there would be a lot of negatives to this; there were none. My dh loved watching the goings on at the bridge. It is very private, hardly anyone comes down that hallway. Didn't feel any motion whatsoever. Right outside our door was a doorway leading to a private deck accessable only from that hallway. We had read about it beforehand on one of the boards. So on a Carnival cruise go looking for the private deck.

Betty
cruise #19 booked: Crown Princess, 9/30/06

cruise #20 booked: Carnival Liberty, 1/14/07