Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 30th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy
Default HELP - need to change flight due to Katrina

Because of the hurricane, I need to change flights - but the day we come home, the only flight out of Vancouver is at noon. Can I get off the ship and to the airport to make a noon flight??
Sponsored Links
Old August 30th, 2005, 10:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1
Default Re: HELP - need to change flight due to Katrina

I am staying at the Pan Pacific (the hotel at the port) in a couple of weeks and called to see how far it was to the airport. They told me 30 to 40 minutes depending on traffic. Keep this in mind. I have not disembarked in Vancouver before, so I don't know what kind of time it takes to get through the process - especially if you have to go through customs. You may be better off just spending the night in Vancouver and flying out the next day. You can always let CCL know of your early flight and see if they think you will make it - they can probably better judge this than anyone else. Maybe someone who has disembarked in Vancouver and shed some light on the situation.

Jodi

Old August 30th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Admiral

The US Direct is for cruise passengers flying into Vancouver only - not for those disembarking and flying out.

Jodi

Old August 31st, 2005, 12:53 AM
Admiral

UConn1,
Sorry to disagree but this is from the Port of Vancouver website: Cherylroy...See 3rd paragraph.

US Direct Program for Alaska Cruise Ship Passengers
The Vancouver Port Authority (VPA) and the Vancouver International Airport Authority (YVR) have launched a successful "US Direct" strategic initiative that streamlines Alaska cruise ship passenger processing and improves transit times between the Port and Airport.

The US Direct initiative allows passengers arriving at YVR to transfer directly to a same-day-departing cruise ship by participating in expedited immigration and customs clearance process.

******US Direct also works in REVERSE. Passengers arriving on a cruise and flying out of YVR on the same day disembark the ship and are transferred directly to YVR by participating in expedited immigration and customs clearance process. Upon arrival at YVR, these passengers enter the airport through a designated cruise passenger facility.****

US Direct is designed to maintain the sterility of domestic movements between US arriving cruise ship passengers and departing US pre-cleared flights and vice-versa.

Edit note: add Port of Vancouver link http://www.portvancouver.com/vanAlaC.../usDirect.html

Post Edited (08-30-05 23:57)

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old August 31st, 2005, 01:27 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I've done 12:00 noon flights out of Vancouver before after a cruise and had no problems - and that was before US Direct. I think you will be fine with that time.

Old August 31st, 2005, 07:14 AM
Admiral

I got my information fromt he Carnival website....and it only discusses it for passengers embarking. I guess CCL needs to update their website.