Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 31st, 2005, 09:39 PM
First Mate

Default Fiesta Party Boat in Cozumel

I have done a search first, I promise. And, while I found plenty of qualitative comments about this excursion, I have yet to find out one key answer: at what time does this party boat leave??

We are in port from 7a-6p (on a Thursday if it matters at all) and my previous experience with "booze cruises" (in the Bahamas) was for them to leave around noon and get back around 5pm.

Also, those who have taken this excursion: is this boat close to the cruise ship's port? That way, in case we are a little tipsy, we will be able to fumble and sway our way back to the ship without having to worry about finding a taxi and being able to articulate to him/her where we need to go?

When we stayed in Nassau for a week this March, we did thier booze cruise twice (it was that much fun) and each time were AMAZED we were cognizant enough to find our way back to our hotel using the public transportation. We wouldn't want to risk things in the case of having a ship to 'catch'

Oh yeah, and did you book by any chance outside of Carnival? If so, can you tell me with whom or which company?

Waters

Sponsored Links
Old August 31st, 2005, 10:31 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Fiesta Party Boat in Cozumel

I have taken the Fiesta Party Boat 2 times. If I remember right we left about 11 or 11:30
They pick you up right in front of the ship .You do not have to go thru the shopping area.
They put a red wrist band on you so they know where to take you back to if you can not remember.
They will help you off the party boat in front of the ship if you need the help.
I recommend do your shopping early before you get on the boat.
It is so much fun and the drinks are free. That you will need to go right back to the ship and have pizza at the pizzarea. As I told my bunch last year I will buy the Pizza we really need it to help with all of the drinks.
Have a blast .

Destiny,Rhapsody ,Conquest x2
Old August 31st, 2005, 11:05 PM
First Mate

Themomtk~ Do you remember what time the whole thing finished up? Are we safe with a 6pm deadline?

Old September 1st, 2005, 10:12 AM
First Mate

Yes we were back like 4:30 some people went shopping. I did not think about leaving the ship I just needed to eat. Oh how much fun that was.

Old September 1st, 2005, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Fiesta Party Boat in Cozumel

Just a word to the wise regarding getting off the ship in Cozumel and using public transportation. I would not even think to mention this to any of you, except one of our dining tablemates decided to get off the ship, grab a taxi and go shopping with her 6 year old son. Well she had not been drinking, was short on cash after shopping and got into a taxi told the driver to take her back to the port. Well the driver stopped and let her out at the port and she walked all over the pier and couldn't find her ship, had an anxiety attack and thought the ship had left without her and her 6 year old. Anyhow she found a Carnival crew member standing in front of another Carnival Ship and explained that she couldn't find her ship. The guy calmly explained that there are two ports in Cozumel and she was at the wrong one. She didn't have enough money left for another cab ride to the other port so the crew member assisted her and she made it back to the ship in just the nick of time.
My point in this post is to ensure that folks make a mental note of which port you are at, before leaving so you can tell the driver which one you will be returning to.
Old September 1st, 2005, 02:29 PM
First Mate

Wow! I can just imagine how that lady must have felt. Thank you for that warning!

Hopefully, my travel companions and I won't have to worry about that, for, from the sound of it, this excurion leaves right from the pier...........unless it is the case that Themomtk just so happend to be docked in the RIGHT pier that day???

Is it possible, then, that if we docked at the OTHER pier, then we WOULD have to concern ourselves with a taxi etc.?

Or will the Party Boat make a stop at both/all piers like it did in Nassau?

Old September 1st, 2005, 03:25 PM
cali-croozer

We watched the party people come back to the ship in Cozumel!!! Beside being "tipsy", many were beet red, so please remember your sunscreen! I talked to a guy in the elevator the next day and asked him how he liked Cozumel. He told me he was on the party boat so he missed the rest of the evening, including dinner, because he went straight to bed once he got back on ship.

Have fun and remember, reapply that sunscreen!
Old September 1st, 2005, 03:31 PM
First Mate

Do you remember what kind of MUSIC was played on this boat? It says 'live' music on the carnival description. They actually have a LIVE BAND on this thing? Again, in Nassau, it said 'live' but it really had a DJ...........which we preffered as they played all the current stuff we like.

Anyone remember how it went?

Old September 1st, 2005, 04:02 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Fiesta Party Boat in Cozumel

Many, many thanks.

Old September 1st, 2005, 08:04 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Fiesta Party Boat in Cozumel

We are doing the Fiesta party boat in October. we are in coz till 11pm. The excursion we have runs from 11 to 330.

Michele

till Glory days on the Glory
Old September 1st, 2005, 08:20 PM
First Mate

The Band is live yes. The only ones on the party boat are from the same pier. There were RCCL and Carnival it was from the large pier. The one that the Conquest is at not port the other pier. We did not go to the other pier the day 's that I went. I have done this thru both cruise lines.
Yes use sunscreen. you will burn you are out on the ocean with no shade.

Old September 1st, 2005, 10:11 PM
Captain

Default Fiesta Party Boat in Cozumel

themomtk remembers most of the story. I think I remember the Rhapsody loads
first, and then the Conquest, (as well as other Carnival ships in port.)
I have a large file of photos taken on the Fiesta party Barge last year, but
after reviewing them, I cannot post very many of them without waivers from
the participants. (including themomtk) PLEASE remember to slather on plenty
of sunscreen BEFORE you leave. Shortly after the party boat sails, you will easily
forget the sunscreen, and lots of other things.

Mardi Gras 1986 / 1987, Emerald Seas 1988, Jubilee 1989 / 2002, Sunward II 1991, Sea Breeze 1993, Seaward 1995, Celebration 1998, Norwegian Sea 2000, Destiny 2002 /2008, Rhapsody OS 2003, Conquest 2004 / 2005 / 2008, Radiance OS 2004, Pride Of America 2006, Triumph 2007 / 2012 (x2), Grandeur OS 2008, Holiday 2009, Fantasy 2009, Splendor 2010, Elation 2010, Victory 2011
Old September 2nd, 2005, 03:31 PM
First Mate

Happyshelly~ From where did you purchase your excursion? Carnival or other? I've had such wonderful experiences booking through external sources and I wouldn't mind doing it again.

Two more questions of anyone who knows:

1)Can you get tix to board right at the pier or do they have to be pre-purchased?
2)What is the excursion called? I know Carnival calls it the "Fiesta Party Boat" but I didn't know that that is it's name elsewhere.

Gracias!

Old September 2nd, 2005, 11:06 PM
First Mate

I have been told that the Fiesta Party boat is only booked thru the cruise lines.

Old September 3rd, 2005, 10:21 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Fiesta Party Boat in Cozumel

I booked it through the cruise line. We alway book thru them just in case of anything happeening we want the peice of mind that they will not leave you.

Michele
Old September 5th, 2005, 09:46 AM
First Mate

Anyone remember if thier Fiesta Party Boat was actually called "Fury Catamaran" (or something like that with the word Fury in it)?

Old September 5th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Passenger

We bought the Fiesta Party boat excursion from Carnival moments after we boarded the ship. It fills up fast and we wanted to make sure we got a spot. The music is live, and the cruise is a blast. Lets just say, not all of us remember the trip back....( i would be one of those). I did my shopping before the Fiesta Party boat cruise. We were picked up at the pier and yes, RCL was picked up first and then us. You can hear the party boat before it ever picks you up, they have the music cranked up loud. Plenty of drinking games and dancing once onboard. A few in our group even won a drinking game and recieved a whole bottle of Tequlia as a prize, needless to say it didn't make it off the party boat. I am sure that JoeMo has a wounderful assortment of photos and I probably wouldn't want those to get out. Sooo, HAVE A BLAST! If you want to parasail at the beach, be the first ones off the party boat so that you have time to do that without worrying about getting to do it all. That fills up fast too. Also, a word of caution about the trampoline in the ocean. DON'T FALL OFF....PEOPLE WILL COME RUNNING TO YOUR RESCUE.....I KNOW THIS FROM EXPERIENCE. WASN'T HURT, BUT EYEWITNESS ACCOUNTS SAID I SHOULD HAVE BEEN. Good luck and have fun!