Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2005, 07:04 PM
Beginner

Default Hotels and Transportation in Pt Canaveral

We just booked on the Glory for next year and am flying into Orlando, What is the best place to stay the night before and what transportation from the hotel to the port if the hotel doesn't offer it.

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old September 4th, 2005, 07:20 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Hotels and Transportation in Pt Canaveral

Travel Bug,
Right above your post there is a search option. Click on it and enter Port Canaveral hotels and transportation and lots of info will come up. This topic gets discussed weekly. You can search by author and I have personally written info there recently. Hope this helps you.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old September 5th, 2005, 05:56 AM
bkeen

Hello from Florida. I stayed at the Radisson, Port Canaveral. It is close enough to the port that you can see the ships from the red light. The hotel has a fantastic swimming pool with a water fall.

Other than that hotel you have to go into Daytona Beach and the surrounding areas. These areas are nice too. Daytona Beach has lots of hotels. You need to book early though.
Old September 5th, 2005, 06:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Hotels and Transportation in Pt Canaveral

bkeen,

Don't you mean Cocoa Beach? I live about 10 minutes from the Port, and Cocoa Beach is much closer than Daytona Beach.

Travel Bug,

If you want to stay in Cocoa Beach, you can get a nice hotel through Priceline. There is also the Radisson Resort at the Port, which I hear is very nice. They even offer a shuttle to the Port.

Happy Cruising!

Carnival Fascination - April 2004, October 2005, Dec 2006
Sovereign of the Seas - Sept. 2003, April 2005, Oct. 2005, Sept. 2006
Carnival Sensation - September 2007

Old September 5th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Yeoman

If you look up bidding for fun or travel..can't remember which one...but they give you a lot of help with bidding on Priceline. You'll pretty much know which hotel you'll get from how u bid...they'll be a few that u can get. But u can do a search on them and make sure u don't mind whichever u get.
We used Priceline and stayed in Cocoa Beach...but of course we put in CB so we knew what we could possibly get. Saved money this way.
But I agee to do a search. There are soooooo many hotels to pick from that are close to the port. The Radisson is a little pricey. Personally, I wasn't impressed with our room. That was about 2 years ago or so. We've since stayed in PC and Cocoa Beach. Sorry I don't remember the names.
But if you want to save some money, u might want to try Priceline.

We also always rent a car at the airport. Last time we used Budget. They and Avis have an agency very close to the port. YOu can drop off there and theyll shuttle u to the port for free. Budget we found to be a little cheaper. You'll need to book online ahead of time. We always fly in the day prior. You can do a little sightseeing....shopping....dinner out....buy last minute items for you cruise.

Any ?'s, feel free to email me.
Old September 5th, 2005, 10:12 AM
Admiral

Travel Bug,
I grew up right there and there is need to go to Daytona (sorry bkeen). Way too far and there are over 100 local hotels within 10 miles of the port. I have stayed at the Radisson at the Port - closest, Comfort Inn - about 2 miles down A1A and twice at the Hampton Inn - about 2 1/2 miles down. I have also stayed at the old Holiday Inn on Merritt Island, a couple miles down the causeway. Don't know what the new name is. All were nice but we prefer the Hampton Inn. Nice hotel, continental breakfast, ocean view rooms with balconies and less expensive and not as many cruisers trying to get to the port at the same time. If they don't offer a shuttle, they will call Art's Shuttle Service for you for about $5/pp. But we did as bigsky did, rented a car from Budget. The return is only 1/4 mile south of the port and they are very friendly and offer free port shuttles. If they don't offer a shuttle, they will call Art's Shuttle Service for you for about $5/pp.

Another option would be to stay in Orlando when you arrive. I have stayed at the AmeriSuites across the street. They offer a free airport shuttle. Take it back to the airport on the morning of the cruise and catch the Carnival transfer bus.

Angie, I grew up on Merritt Island. Where are you from?

Teresa

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302