Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 5th, 2005, 10:20 AM
s langham

Default Questions RE: Jan '06 Elation sailing

From what I'm reading on this discussion board, my cruise leaving 1-1-06 aboard the Elation will not happen as planned. Several of you seem to be "in the know", so I'll throw my questions out there and see who has any answers.

From what I can gather, the Elation is NOT one of the ships Carnival donated as Katrina housing, but will take on the schedule and itinerary of one of the ships that WAS donated (the Ecstasy). The Ecstasy offers only four- and five-day cruises, and mine was to be seven days.

Will the Elation still leave from Galveston? How do I find out WHEN it will leave? I'm not sure how this all works. I did not use a TA, I booked through hotwire. Should I get a refund for the difference of what it would have cost, had I booked a cruise aboard the Ecstasy in the first place?

All questions aside, I would like to say that I have had the honor of caring for many of the refugees/evacuees, and they have been so grateful. I am a registered nurse in the emergency room at one of the major trauma hospitals in Texas, and the area underneath our helipad has been turned into a shelter. The evacuees can be showered/decontaminated, fed and are given a fresh change of clothes. Medical personnel and volunteers are working around the clock to make sure these people receive the proper care. The evacuees have been ever so grateful for things such as cold juice, warm blankets, and a caring touch. One patient told me that he walked for three days and nights in waist-high water, and at night you could not see your hand in front of your face but you kept on walking. If you touched something, it was probably a body, but you would just give it a push and it would float away.

I appreciate any answers anyone can provide. This has been an exhausting week, and I wish everyone the best. My prayers are with all the victims and their loved ones.

skl
Sponsored Links
Old September 5th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo
Default Re: Questions RE: Jan '06 Elation sailing

As I understand it, your cruise is no more. If you have gone to the Carnival web site it probably says that your cruise has been cancelled. Mine showed up yesterday. The Elation will dock in Galveston, and will do the short trips. The Conquest will also be out of Galveston, and will do the long ones. We are getting a refund for our Elation trip, and ship board credit for swiching to a different Carnival ship. Do somethig now. get the piece of mind, plus not have to worry about fighting for a room on another ship.

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 5th, 2005, 10:39 AM
rr

Mine was supposed to leave on Sep 25. called carnival got it transfered to Mar 12 2006, got ship credit of $100 pp.

There is no more 7day wc untill Feb 26 2006..
Old September 5th, 2005, 10:43 AM
R&S

I'll answer what I can for you. Your cruise on the Elation has been cancelled. The ship will still leave from Galveston but is now taking over for the Ecstasy. You will be receiving a full refund from Carnival but you do have a choice of rebooking on another ship.
If you still want to leave out of Galveston, and still want to cruise over new years, you can either book the Elation or Conquest. The Elation (now on the Ecstasy schedule) is a 5 day cruise leaving on 31 December 05 or you can choose the Conquest which leaves on 1 Jan 06. (You can verify the departures at carnival.com)
According to Carnival you will receive a $100 per person credit if you rebook prior to 31 Dec 2006.
Personally, I would call Carnival at 1-866-299-5698 and ask them the best cost and what options are available to you.
I hope this helps,

Old September 5th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Admiral

Hi slangham,

I don't know anything about the changes in cruises, but I'd just like to say "Thank You" for being there for the evacuees. IMO, nurse's are the best! Just by touching a hand, or giving a smile, you have made so many people feel better at this terrible time.

I hope you are able to rebook your cruise and have a wonderful time,