Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 5th, 2005, 07:49 PM
adam2

Default Is Carnival right for us?

Hope someone on the Carnival board can help us decide if this line is right for us. We are a couple with 3 young children (8, 6, and 3). We have previously sailed on Costa, Disney, Princess, and Celebrity. We have loved all of the cruises but with a preference for Celebrity as we have found the service and food outstanding. We are thinking of trying Carnival, perhaps the Valor as this seems to be a ship with a lot of activities. We are a little nervous re: unruly kids on board. Has anyone sailed in January-have the ships been over run with kids at this time. We like to have a fairly relaxing vacation-not too much noise or partying. Is there a lot of noise in the hallways at night-we generally go to bed early and get up early-not really the partying type.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old September 5th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Is Carnival right for us?

Adam, we were on the Triumph on Jan. 1st of this year and found that particular week to be full of college kids and also younger kids. They all seemed to be well behaved with not much noise in the halls. This January 8th, we are booked on the Valor and expect to see less of what we saw the first week of January.

Dave
Old September 5th, 2005, 09:27 PM
Admiral

The first week in January is vacation time for all schools, so you would see a large number of children onboard.

We sailed the 2nd week in January and there were hardly any children or college students onboard.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old September 5th, 2005, 11:37 PM
Passenger

The answer is YES!

Cruised last year over Thanksgiving week with our 3 kids ( 9,6 & 3 ). First we felt a bit nervious and guilty about dropping them off at the kids center. They had more fun and begged to go back. There were many kids on board but never interuped our leisure time. We are planning on another family cruise next year, however; no kids on the 12 day Vancouver-Hawaii cruise leaving in 2 weeks.

Jim
Old September 6th, 2005, 05:01 AM
bjkeen

I read a stat somewhere that said "at any given time Carnival normally has 300 children aboard." The good news is my experience while aboard Carnival is except for a few kids most kids behave themselves. My kids enjoyed Camp Carnival.
Old September 6th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Chanin

We traveled last year on the Legend on January 6th. The few children that we saw were very well behaved. Most of them were completely wrapped up in Camp Carnival. I even spoke with a couple of kids from Texas and their mother about the kids program(as we are taking our girls, 14, 13 and 17 months with us in 2007). I figured if I wanted the honest truth, kids are usually upfront if they do not like something. These little girls could not say enough wonderful things about the program. They adored the all the different activities!! Mom too, !! Of course we do not live in perfect world, there are some pretty lousy parents out there who could care less as long as the kids aren't in their hair. We had no problems with any heathen kids on the ship. !!! And trust me, I am anal about how children behave. (respect, respect, respect!!)
No problem with noise or anything either for that matter, and we supposedly had the worst room on the ship (1102 Riveiera). We LOVED it!! No noise, quiet and peaceful, we were in the very first cabin in the front next to the stewards closet. I really think you will be just fine!! We are even booked on the Valor 1/8/06. Enjoy, It will be great!!

Chanin
CCL Valor 1/8/06
CCL Legend 1/6/05