Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 6th, 2005, 07:45 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to AngelaAlabama
Default ghost ships

Yes, I am going to ask about that... Has anyone heard of any of the ships being haunted??? what about some of the ports??? Got any good ghost stories???Did they happen to you or a friend?? or is it urban legend.. Replies Please!!!

"The philosophy of one century is the common sense of the next."
Sponsored Links
Old September 7th, 2005, 02:02 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: ghost ships

I would like to hear responses to this too. A haunted ship sure would make the cruise all the more exciting.

Carnival Liberty
Old September 7th, 2005, 10:45 AM
Happy Camper

The Queen Mary in the Los Angelos harbor - doesn't sail but you can spend the night - is supposedly haunted and even gives ghost tours.. The engine room expecially felt haunted when we toured it ourselves.. Debbie
Old September 7th, 2005, 11:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Debbie, How are you? We don't hear from you much anymore.

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 7th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Happy Camper

I'm ok. Can't seem to figure out how all this in the Gulf Coast is making me feel. I feel so sorry for them on one hand and on the other I know this will really hurt Houston economy and am thinking there will be a lot of unrest because of so few jobs and them getting the sympathy vote over others that are looking for jobs that live here. One hand really sad and on the other really mad - Not much balance huh??? Why can't we spend that money to help our poor... Now they are giving out our unemployement money to them - they can call TWC and get unemployment benefits.... OH well. I'm sure this has shaken a lot of people up. I sure hope we don't get hit here in Galveston Houston with a hurricane this season... The males at the Astrodome don't like the curfew of 11pm. What are they doing out after that and with what money? Are we giving the alcohol money???? Sorry - I'm on a soapbox. Can't we just help the ones that need adn really want help? Nieve I know. One hand I feel so sad and the other I feel guilty because I think we go about all this differently. Debbie
Old September 7th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I feel what you feel as well. I am worried about desease. The ones who have come this way recently have pink eye. It spreads so fast through the schools. There is no way of knowing what else. I am not faulting the people, I am just worried about the well getting sick.
Glad you are okay. Are you cruising soon?

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 8th, 2005, 01:40 AM
Yeoman

Happy Camper...I live in Los ANGELES, so I have done the queen mary thing. I want good stories about rcl ships.

Sorry to hear you are concered about jobs and disease. Just know that their money will still come from LA once this settles down and they get everything up and running again. The people of LA will not take your money.

As far as disease, well, just be glad you didn't come from NO. These people are being treated now, and I am sure you will be okay.

Carnival Liberty
Old September 8th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Happy Camper

Luanne,

Will probably do NCL next - and hopefully this year. I switched to the NCL credit card for points - much better deal so have $500 off NCL right now that I'd like to use. The Sun is now going to go out of Houston till Janaury where it will go to Miami (instead of NEw Orleans) so am looking at it since it is a new ship, freestyle dining, and out of the port of Houston - Galveston will be crowded right now. There are already Novovirus in the Astrodome (stomach virus and highly contagious) and the kids are now in school as of today........ I wish them all well of course but like you I hope the well stay well as well.... Debbie