Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 7th, 2005, 11:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy
Default Please help - leaving in 7 days

Hi - I can't get through to the 1-800 number of carnival and my TA has not returned my emails. Due to the hurricane, all lines cells, etc are extremely messed up. Anyway, I was flying out of New Orleans, which I was able to change thank Goodness! I have another question about my transfers. I had bought transfers from the airport to the cruise ship and back. Well, due to having to change the flight, we had to fly out a day earlier in order to be able to make the ship. We had to book a hotel near the airport (they say 6 minutes from the airport). BTW...we are going to Alaska and flying out of Vancouver.

We will need the transfer BACK to the airport after we come home to catch our flight, but what do we do about the transfer TO the ship the day of the cruise. We will be able to take a shuttle so I hear from the hotel to the cruise terminal. Should we do this and pay extra for this - or head back to the airport and catch that shuttle? It may even be within walking distance (6 min can't be to far, huh??). Or can they refund me my one transfer? Or do I just suck up the cost of the lost transfer (not my fault it was a disaster...). Since I can't get through to my TA, can anyone give me advice on what to do? We leave in 7 days from the hot muggy area of Louisiana to Alaska and away from the reality of the horrors that are happening around us.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old September 8th, 2005, 01:44 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Please help - leaving in 7 days

Cheryl,
If I understand your question, you have a choice of 2 things and yes you will have to pay either way.
1. Take a cab to the port. I believe you are sailing from Canada Place, very very nice terminal. If your hotel is only 6 minutes from the airport then it would be about $25-30 CDN.

2. Take the hotel shuttle back to the airport like you just flew in and take Carnival's transfers to the port. I have no idea of their cost.

We will be in Juneau on 9/12, Mon, Skagway on 9/13, Tuesday and Ketchikan on 9/15, Thursday. Any chance you will be in these cities on the same day? We are arriving in Vancouver this Friday night and will stay over night on 9/17. Again...have a great time girlfriend!!

Teresa

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old September 8th, 2005, 06:20 AM
Gail F.

Default Re: Please help - leaving in 7 days

Hi cheryl
I can not help you with you transfers, but I wanted to wish you a wonderful vacation, I am so glad you are going, its been a long six weeks for you, I have never met you, but feel like I have known you for ever with all your happiness and sadness.
Have a wonderful trip I will be looking forward to your review.
Gail