Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 9th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Laureen

Default Tampa/Miracle sailing....

Hello~ If anyone can suggest a good pre-cruise night hotel in Tampa, I'd love it.
Looking for any that might have airport shuttle and/or port shuttle service? On
the Miracle in Feb.'06, and going down the night before. Also, is it possible
to make an 1145AM flight on disembarkation day? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old September 9th, 2005, 10:27 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Tampa/Miracle sailing....

We are also going on the Miracle in March 2006. We are staying at the Marriot at the airport . It is a little bit pricey but by the time you pay for a cab and another hotel it is worth it. we are paying 199.00
Old September 9th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Laureen:

I've stayed at the Doublstree Westshore, the Wyndam Westshore and Chase Suites. Both the Doubletree and Chase Suites have shuttle service from the airport and to the pier. Doubletree is free both ways and Chase Suites has an extra charge to the pier, but they do have free breakfast. Wyndam only offers shuttle service from the airport to the hotel. Chase Suites I booked over the internet. We traveled with our kids and needed something to accomodate 5 of us. We had a two bedroom, two bathroom suite for @ $155 a night. The Doubletree I booked through Priceline and got for a bid of $50-$60 a night (room with one king sized bed). The Wyndam I booked through Hotwire at $78/night (room with 2 double beds - there were 4 of us). The only hotel I wasn't thrilled with was the Wyndam. While it was ok for one night, I don't think I'd go back. While it was clean and the bed were comfortable, there was peeling wallpaper, banged up furniture, worn/stained carpets and our airconditioning didn't work all that well. If you have any questions you can email me at lowes1998@aol.com. Just put cruisemates in the message line so I don't delete it.

As for the 11:45 am flight, if everything goes ok you should make it. I've sailed out of Tampa three times in the last year and only once got back in on time. In April 2005 there was bad weather and we couldn't get into the channel. The ship didn't dock until about noon and by the time customs cleared us and we got off the ship it was about 2:00 p.m.. The last cruise we ended up being rerouted to Fort Lauderdale due to Hurricane Katrina. Personally, I won't book a flight out of Tampa until very late afternoon/early evening. The port will hold your luggage for you until 4:00 p.m. and many attractions will also hold your luggage (the aquariam and Busch Gardens both do).

Darcy

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old September 9th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Dont know if price is an issue but the Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel and Marina is a very nice place with a couple of eateries inside. It is within sight of the cruise terminal 2 where the Miracle will dock. I gaurantee they have shuttle to the port and anyway its so close you could walk to the terminal. I have no idea how much per night but I wouldnt think they are too high.
Old September 9th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Tampa Marriot Waterside runs about $250-$300 per night. I checked into staying there in April 2005 and decided I would rather spend the extra $$ on the vacation.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03