Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 12th, 2005, 08:51 AM
Beginner

Default 5 to a cabin on Triumph??

We have booked a family of 5 on an inside guarantee on the Triumph December 10th. How crowded will we be?? 3 girls ages 14, 12, an 11. Where might we end up, will it be a small inside room??
Sponsored Links
Old September 12th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Passenger

I just returned yesterday from a cruise on the Miracle - similar ship. If you picked your cabin # you will probably be cramped. Our outside cabin was suppose to fit 4 but my hubby and I were just comfortable - 2 more people - no way. However - if you did the "let carnival pick" we were told that about 90% of the time you are upgraded. Depends on how full the ship is at the time. It also depends on how often your in the cabin. There are so many things to do that most of the time is spent outside the cabin and you might just be ok.
Old September 12th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Admiral

Fortunately Carnival has much larger staterooms than other cruise lines. If memory serves me correctly, I believe around 184 sq. ft. on their inside cabins. I am guessing that you'll have two upper and two lower bunks as well as a sofa bed or a roll away. it will be tight, but its do-able. I imagine that you will really grow to appreciate your cabin steward, as he/she will come in the morning and put your cabin back in order putting away all the extra beds. Then in the evening he/she will come in and turn down all the beds again. Basically during the majority of the day you should have room to move about more freely. The other thing that may make this a little more managable situation is to know that there are wonderful showers (multiple directional shower heads) in the spa area that can free up the bathroom in your room. Have a blast!!!
Old September 12th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Admiral

5 in an inside will be tight. You will need to be VERY ORGANIZED, especially when it comes to the teen girls all their stuff and the BATHROOM. Shelf, storage and closet space is at a minimum.
Shower in shifts and take advantage of the showers in the spa.
Everyone will just have to be organized, pick up your stuff after you have used it. Everything in its place.
You must tell the girls that they cannot bring everything(you know what i am talking about) with them. Make them make a list of what they feel are the MUST HAVES for their cruise, sit down with them and go over it , whittle it down. Try not to duplicate anything. What I do with our kids is allow them to have one backpack for their personal stuff, what fits into that backpack is it, that's all they can take. It works wonders!
Old September 12th, 2005, 05:17 PM
Beginner

Thanks to everyone for the helpful hints!!
Old September 13th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

We just got back from the Inspiration and 4 in a cabin it was a bit tight, so I'm sure 5 will be too! You'll need to set guidelines for shower times and keep the room really organized. I suggest you bring an over the door shoe bag. It will really help with the misc. stuff.
Old September 13th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Familiar Face

8) We also used the over the door shoe holder and it was quite helpful. they are at the dollar store and at the time I wished that I had one for in the bathroom as well as one for inside the cabin where the kids could stash c.d.'s, magazines, trinkets, etc. All the clutter. The best thing was that since they were so cheap they could be tossed instead of packed up to come home.

have a great trip
Old September 22nd, 2005, 08:18 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to cruisinpaige Send a message via MSN to cruisinpaige
Default 5 to a cabin?

Well, It should be tight but some of the best times I have had were on cruises with 4 girls in a cabin. One thing I recommend is that some ppl go up to the spa for their showers. The showers are nicer and you can go up the elevators in your robes and back down in your robes. No big deal. You are all family so it should be fine. What lucky girls I hope they appreciate it. Have a great time and remeber if it gets a little crowded youll laugh about it later.
Old September 22nd, 2005, 08:34 PM
Admiral

We had 5 in a cabin on the old Jubilee. The only problem was storage and this was back in 1989 & 91, before these boards and wonderful info like over the door shoe holders. Some things could be stacked on the life jacket storage area. We brought a lot of metal dry cleaner hangers and the boys hung their 8 t-shirts on 2 and their shorts and slacks 2 others. Each son used a small kiddie suitcase under the beds for their under clothes and we used a medium suitcase for dirty clothes in a corner under another bed. The roll away bed was folded up each morning and put in the corner. We did leave the bunks down during the day and that would be "their" space. Another thing that came in handy was the large window ledge, about 2 ft wide and 4 ft long...great play area for the 4 year old. We have great family memories from both cruises!

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old September 22nd, 2005, 08:51 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Rob M.

I agree, use the big showers in the spa. Everyone can get ready at the same time then.

Crown Princess - Southern Caribbean 10/27/2007

Freedom of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean 2/24/2008

Radiance of the Seas - Hawaii Circle Cruise - Fall 2008

Past Cruises:
Grand Princess - W. Caribbean - Jan 2006
Carnival Conquest - W. Caribbean - Jan 2005
Radiance of The Seas - September 2006 - 14 nights R/T Los Angeles to Hawaii
Old September 23rd, 2005, 08:53 AM
Admiral

Just got off the Triumph!

Hope you all like each other...A lot!!

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old September 23rd, 2005, 01:53 PM
Beginner

We sail with 4 in a cabin all the time and do just fine. Five will be tight, but definately doable. Make sure the stewart takes the roll away out of the room every morning. The spa has great showers! Have the adults shower there if you are in a hurry to dress for dinner. Have a wonderful cruise!
Old September 23rd, 2005, 06:13 PM
Admiral

Well, 5 is possible and is done quite often but it will be tight and I personally would not do it, especailly with three girls! CCL has larger standard cabins than other ships but there will be no room with the four beds and the rollaway in the middle not to mention the bathroom. As far as what cabin you will get? You booked a cat4A Gty and you have to figure that you will get the worse cat4 cabin on the ship. Anything above that is a bonus. You will probably still be in an inside cabin even with an upgrade.
Jim
Old September 24th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Admiral

Too bad we'll just miss you Jim, we are a family of 3 going on the Triumph Dec. 3rd, returning on the 10th! This will be our 5th Carnival cruise, and I know the cabins well. 5 in a room will be tight, but do-able. The fact is, you really don't spend much time in there, only to shower, dress, and sleep - there's too much else to do all day and night to hang around in your cabin! Have fun!

donna
Old September 28th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Beginner

Default 5 in a cabin

We did our family of 5 last December on the Triumph. It was fine for us, but we had a 2 year old with us, who slept in our bed. The rolling bed was just too big for the room. Anyway, you'll live with it and have a great time.... just remember to start getting ready early on Formal night.