Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 13th, 2005, 11:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to JoannFla
Default Question about my room !!!!

HI everyone, I called my TA today, and they told me that I was bumped up on my cruise ( the victory) from an 8a to an 8b, so I am on the empress deck now..my room is 7208 and its at the very front of the ship on the left hand side..a balcony room..they told me portside..what does that mean?? Has anyone ever had a room so close to the front of the ship? Is it ok? Thanks all~Joannfla
Old September 13th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Beginner

We were in cabin 1023 on the Victory; Panorama deck starboard (right side) back in June. Our cabin was 5 down from the front so it wasn't that far from where you'll be and we didn't have any problems with motion. You will experience more movement than if you were mid-ship, but if you aren't prone to motion sickness you'll be ok, and if the seas are calm you won't have any problems at all.

Portside just refers to the left of the ship (port=left, starboard=right, aft=rear, bow=front).

The Victory is a great ship and we loved our cruise!

John
Old September 13th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the info!!! I am not a sea sick person, Ive been on smaller fishing boats alot..BUT this is a big ship so who knows..I will take my bonine along juist in case Thanks again
Old September 13th, 2005, 02:47 PM
First Mate

We were on the Inspiration last year - and we were the 4th room from the front on the Empress deck- same side as you and really had NO problem at all. Didn't notice any particular motion, noise, etc. We thought it was an ideal location.
Old September 13th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Yeoman

The Only thing you will notice is when you tender at a port, the anchors lowering are quite loud, and quite early in the morning. Other than that, we loved having our room that far forward.
Old September 14th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Beginner

We were in the 3rd cabin from the bow on the starboard side of Triumph last October. It's true that we could hear quite a lot (anchor, etc) in port, we kind of liked it because it woke us up to start our day. As to motion, that didn't bother us at all.
Old September 14th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Passenger

I am on the Imagination next week and have been assigned Cabin U6. This is all the way in the front on the upper deck. I have never been this far forward so i will let you know how it is

Carnival Imagination
Carnival Sensation 2005
Carnival Legend 2004
Carnival Imagination 2003
Carnival Imagination 2002
Nordic Empress 2001
Carnival Pa
Old September 14th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default 7208

JoannFla,
The woman and myself went on our first cruise (Eastern Carb) last May on the Valor. These are the same styled ships. We had 7208 and I'm telling you something we enjoyed it very much.
As for anchor noise.... I never heard it.
As for motion.... there is more then the middle but it is very soothing. Although when at see you could hear the front of the ship slamming some waves but not that bad.

What we really loved about the room is this:
The bridge over hangs your balcony. This is great when its raining you can still sit out on your balcony. Another cool thing is that you can look forward of the ship (leaning over rail a little).
The walk from the front to rear of ship (most activities located) is well needed from all the food you eat. Its not that bad but it is the whole length of the ship. I suggest you do like us and remove the shoes for the walk back from dinner, its rather soothing.
Infact we was home 2 weeks from our first cruise she went and booked a second cruise (Western Carb) with the same room and the Valor again.

Oh yeah... this is the secret about being up front also. There are doors that lead out to a balcony on the front of the ship; Yes' they say keep doors closed but its a nice place to just gaze over the horizon.

Enjoy yourself and laugh at all the people who stress out on the cruise cause they complain about everything.

Jhp
Old September 14th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default THANKS!!!!!

Thanks JHP! Your right, I am greatful especially in a time like this to be able to go away with my husband and enjoy his company and a great cruise...I AM SOOOOO looking forward to a great time..and now the room!! I am going to " sneak" through those doors for a great view Like Titantic I will be the KING OF THE WORLLLDDDDD
Happy cruising and thanks to everyone who posted replies~Joannfla