Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 18th, 2005, 09:50 PM
Beginner

Default Sign and Sail Account and traveler's check questions?

Hi, we will be sailing on the Elation in two weeks, and I was wondering if my mom and I will be able to use two different credit cards to post our on board charges, or do we have to use the same account for all cabin members?

Also, does it work well to cash traveler's checks on board to obtain cash in smaller amounts? How does this process work ( I have never used traveler's checks before)? I hate to carry a lot of cash, but I don't want to use my ATM card in Mexico either (I had $1,000 worth of fraudulent purchases put on my card after my May visit to Playa del Carmen/Cozumel - so not taking chances this time!)

Also, does anyone often cash their traveler's checks in the casas de cambio I saw all over Playa and Cozumel? Any problems or suggestions?

Thanks so much...we are very excited for our first cruise!
Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Admiral

We used travellers checks on our cruise this past January and it was great. No fuss, no muss. You can easily cash them at the purser's desk before getting off the ship. I even used them to fund my sign and sail account. That way I didn't have to worry about a "hold" being put on my credit or debit cards. I will probably do it the same way this November when we cruise again. US currency is welcome in Mexico, no need to exchange it and go through the extra headaches.
Old September 18th, 2005, 10:45 PM
Beginner

I had no problem putting my kids on one sail & sign, and my wife and I on another account.