Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 19th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to AngelaAlabama
Default We are back from Celebration cruise, 9/15-9/19

Hi all! Got back earlier today. Extremely tired!! This is just a short little review..sorry. Just got to my mom's house to pick up my puppy dog and I am too tired to go home.

So here is the quickie,

Did I love it??

OOOHHH YEAH!!

Would I do it again??

IN A HEARTBEAT!!

Did I cry when I had to leave??

You BETCHA'!!!

It was an amazing trip. Loved every single itsy bitsy minute of it.

I will post some pics tomorrow and give you the full review.

G'night all..

and to the staff in the Horizon Dining room..Joseph, Geofre, Iketut, etc.....

IT'S SHOWTIME!!!

"The philosophy of one century is the common sense of the next."
Sponsored Links
Old September 20th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Glad to hear you had a great time

3 cheers for the Celebration!!

I felt the same way when we got back to Jacksonville I hated to leave her behind.... all the way to the parking lot I kept looking back and I too could of cried!!

Loved our trip also.. it was awesome!!!

Georgia girl
Old September 20th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Admiral

now that's a way to write a review
Old September 20th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to AngelaAlabama

OK..Now that I am back at my house and my fur babies are here and I have actually had some sleep, maybe I can kindof fill you all in on my cruise.

We flew out of Birmingham Thursday morning at 6:30 am and was routed through N.C. to Jacksonville. We were so excited we couldn't sleep the night before!! We got to Jax safe and somewhat sound, as exhaustion was setting in. Caught the transport to the dock, praying all the way because the driver was hitting 100mph and talking on his cell the whole way.

I first saw the ship from the taxi. My first word was "Jezzzuuuusss". She was huge!!! I couldn't believe that as big as the Celebration was there were any larger!!! We got our bags and turned them over to the porters and were whisked through security. Now, this trip was sponsered by my bestfriends company and THANKYOU to KIM from Wyndam Jade!!, we do not have to stand in line forever to get registered and everything. Kim had it setup for our group to have the VIP treatment. We, then proceeded to the ship and was met by our rep from the company, John.

We got to our stateroom and was pleasantly surprised with the size. Also, had another surprise, my friend had received a dozen roses. We put our carry ons away and hit the lido for some lunch. After chowing, we walked around the ship to get aquainted, and finally right as we launched we found the Verandah deck, and OMG!!! how beautiful!!! I have to say I spent alot of time up there!!!

I will not bore you all with anymore stepbystep info.. I will give you the gist of everything now. We were treated like kings and queens. We had two open bar cocktail parties that were given by the company and at dinner the wine did floweth....ALOT!!! Our dinners were not just dinner... they were experiences. We had a wonderful waitstaff and Maitre d'.. and I swear we are all going to be saying "It's Showtime!!" for a long time. If you have been on the Celebration and had dinner in the Horizon with Joseph, you know what I am talking about. The food was amazing!! I even ate things I thought I would never have the guts to do. Like whole baby squid, and escargot. Not that I would ever eat them again... but I did try them once. Actually, the escargot was really good.

I loved going back to the stateroom after dinner, we never knew what towel animal we were going to get!! My favorite was Buster the Bulldog, or that is what my DF named it. She even bought the book on how to make them.

The ports were lovely, Freeport and Nassau, but if one more person asked to braid my hair I was going to scream!! lol....

We did the Treasure hunt on Pearl Island with Big D and The GENERAL(Shawn) , who were both wonderful. They were riots!! We were served Pearl Island Punch, and watch out!! It does have a PUNCH when you least expect it!! We ate fresh raw conch and conch salad... not bad at all.. Especially when you are fed directly by someone as cute as our dive instructors!! We were fed a wonderful lunch of bbq chicken and hamburgers.

On the way to and from Pearl Island we got to see the big beautiful houses of the rich and famous, like Oprah, Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods..Etc...

The strawmarket was not to my liking...but it could be because I was exhausted.

My best fun was on the ship, being wined and dined. Dancing on the Lido. Going to the shows. Watching the sunrise and set on the ocean. Feeling the sea air on my face!! The double rainbow that came right as Rita was catching up to us. And that was when the Captain kicked it into high gear and outran her.

MY favorite thing about it, moonlight on the Verandah deck. That is an image I will NEVER forget!! You couldn't get more beautiful than that!!.

Well, that's my review. I so have PCD!!! Going to Alaska next...don't know when though..
Old September 21st, 2005, 05:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Now that sounds like a wonderful vacation on a marvelous ship, how about that Celebration!!
Don't understand for the life of me how some can go on this ship and have such a wonderful, amazing time and make such everlasting memories, loves the whole trip and next thing ya know the next person hates it...........
Our midnight sail away from Nassau was my favorite part sailing out into the black of night watching from above the bridge it was awesome.
Thats what a great vacation is made of and hope you have many more just as great.
Happy Sailing on your next.........
Georgia girl