CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Best site or place to book cruise for 10 people (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/301201-best-site-place-book-cruise-10-people.html)

sallyj September 20th, 2005 06:55 PM

Best site or place to book cruise for 10 people

Need help finding best site to book cruise on Carnival or RCCL for a total of 10 people. We will go in March because kids are out of school then. Also we need air too if possible. Any ideas or suggestions for places or sites to check I would greatly appreciate.
Thanks
Sallyj

cali-croozer September 20th, 2005 07:56 PM

Check the cruiseline websites (and other travel websites) and local Travel Agencies to compare prices and perks.

I went with a local TA for our last cruise (Carnival Conquest). She set us up as a group booking and we were able to get a lower price than we could have got on our own (I looked). Each cabin also received $75 shipboard credit, $15 photo coupon, chocolate/fruit tray, and champagne or sparkling apple cider (kids cabin). If we were able to get 8 cabins, we would have recieved one berth free (we would have split the $ among all cabins). We ended up with only 6 cabins, but were able to keep all the perks and the low pricing.

LisaK September 21st, 2005 08:25 AM

when trying to handle all the logistics of booking a group your best bet is to put it in the capable hands of a professional travel agent. Let them handle all the details and any problems that may arise. All you have to do is tell your family call "Jen" at "So and So" travel agency she is handling all the details, questions and problems.

cali-croozer September 21st, 2005 11:54 PM

Lisa........that's a great tip. That's what I did. I did the research and picked the ship, date and TA. Then it was up to each cruiser to deal with the TA. Never try to handle payments or other things that come up yourself.

Big Craig September 22nd, 2005 12:49 AM

Lisa,
Do you have the phone number for Jen @ so and so travel agency? I am looking for a good one LOL

sallyj September 22nd, 2005 09:49 AM

Thanks LisaK and Cali-Croozer for the helpful info about the trip plans! I will look into TA instead of the cruise line direct. Again thanks for you help.
Sally

LisaK September 22nd, 2005 10:19 AM

Sally, i will e-mail you the address & info for my TA if you would like me to.

sallyj September 22nd, 2005 10:42 AM

Thanks Lisa that would be great. WE are trying to get our 2 daughters and their hubbys and a total of 4 grandchildren and ourselves on a cruise together before the 2 oldest grandchildren feel they are too old to go with us ole folks! They are 16 . there will be a total of 10 of us and they want to go to the Eastern Car. We will have to fly also, does your agent do this as well?
Thanks Sally

Jim Bragg September 22nd, 2005 07:35 PM

Gosh folks, just look at the agencies that advertise right here at Cruisemates. We know them to be reputable agencies and any should do you well. All you need to do is figure out which one will do the best job for this cruise!.
Jim