Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 28th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Ready to Give up....

OK, I am almost to the point of giving up my cruise and telling my TA to take a flying leap.

First we were bumped off the Elation cruise due to FEMA using them to house people with, I had to call my TA and find out what was going on. Next I had to fight them to get me info on other cruises besides Carnival so I could make a good decision on spending the extra money. I did all the leg work and research and they did nothing.

Now then, I paid off my cruise and paid for an upgrade after they quote me one price. I checked my CC statement and saw where I was charged by the TA AND carnival. The Carnival charges were correct but the TA charges (while the final total was correct) was in two unequal amounts.

I questioned them about this and they did some research and see where Carnival charged me twice for this and that it would be taken care of. Now they tell me they need a copy of my CC statement to verify the extra charges. I sent them a cut and paste copy of the charges but said they need a copy with the account number and Credit Card company name (Which they already have!).

This TA has also said that they are going to check and see about getting me some extra on board credit and upgrade since we had gotten a great upgrade on the Elation and a On Board Credit before that cruise was cancelled.

Is it me or is something fishy here? If I could pull the cruise from them and give it to another TA that I have found here locally that I know and trust (He is a former doctor of mine who retired and started this business). I would do i in a heart beat.

OK, Off my soap box now.
Sponsored Links
Old September 28th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I'd be VERY suspicious of any travel agent who charges you any fees payable directly to them!!!!!!!

ALL charges should have been billed to your card DIRECTLY to the cruise line and NO ONE ELSE

The way it is SUPPOSED to work is that you pay the cruise line the ENTIRE fare, and the cruise line pays the travel agent their commissions.

Because you've paid in full already there isn't likely anything you can do at this point... but it most certainly sounds as if you've found an unscrupulous TA.
Old September 28th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Kuki is correct about that card billing...
I charged half my cruise on my credit card and payed half in cash, then I did an oceanview upgrade on my card and both were on my credit card statements payed to Carnival.
Be careful............

Georgia girl
Old September 28th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Admiral

I think at this point I'd take my trip and enjoy it in spite of the agent's questionable actions. Fortunately you used your credit card and if you were charged incorrectly then you can always go and dispute it through the credit card company and get your money back.
I would also give Carnival a heads up how this agency is handling their valued customers and ask them what your options are with regard to removing your booking from this agent. But honestly it sounds as though you've earned this trip. I wouldn't let anyone stand in the way of taking your cruise. I would just try to find a way to not reward their bad behavior.
Old September 28th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Admiral

wanman,

RUN, don't walk, to your doctor friend who is now a TA. Have him/her transfer your booking ASAP! Any charges a TA makes for their agency should be disclosed up front.

We have a wonderful TA, and her agency does charge a "service" fee of $25.00. This agency has been in business longer than I've been alive . The very first thing she told me was about this fee. She's SO good that it is definitely worth the "service" fee. She's more like a friend than a TA.

I don't think I'd believe that the "upgrade fairy" or the "onboard credit fairy" would ever visit you based on what's happened to you so far.

They have your CC info. and still want a copy? Hmmmmm?

As Kuki said, your payments should NEVER be charged to the TA's agency!

Inspiration2002CarnivalElation2004
GrandPrincess2004NCLSun2005
SunPrincess2006NCLDream2007
CaribbeanPrincess2007NCLDawn2008
IslandPrincess2008IslandPrincess2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Carnival Magic 2015 Coral Princess 2015