Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 30th, 2005, 12:14 PM
Passenger

Default Embarking procedures

We are just 16 days off now from our second cruise (last one was in Oct 2001) so I am hazy as to what to expect as we embark. We are sailing on the Conquest 10/16. What are the embarking procedures? We have done our FunPass online. About how long does it take on a ship of this size? We sailed on the Inspiration the last time. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Admiral

They actually do a very good job and the procedures are the same as any other ship. You drop your luggage of and then proceed to the check in area, go through the scanner and check in. After you do that they will direct you to a place to pick up your S&S cards and then you board using this S&S card where they take your photo and it is imbedded on the magnetic strip for ID and then you proceed onto the ship.
Jim
Old September 30th, 2005, 12:54 PM
Passenger

Thanks Jim, when you give them a credit card do you have any idea on how much they put on hold? My sister-in-law, who is going with us, is wondering.
Old September 30th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Of course, the time between check-in (getting your sail and sign card) and actually getting on the ship will vary. If there is no line, you will proceed to the "welcome aboard" picture area, scanner for carry-on luggage, picture for the sail and sign card, and then on to the ship. If there is a line, and there probably will be one, you will be directed to some chairs to sit until you are called (as a group). We always get to port early (around 10:30am) because we just can't wait to get on board. We've always been able to board by noon. The time in the chairs goes fast. Relax, read a book, chat with a neighbor and before you know it, your vacation will officially begin!

have a great time!
Old November 12th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

When i went on carnival for my very first cruise. my friend and i check in
and got our sail& sign card at the same time