Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 2nd, 2005, 07:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Carnival "ONE DAY SALE"

For those of you that do not subscribe to Carnival's email list... I just received an email stating that CCL is having a ONE DAY ONLY SALE this coming Thursday, OCT 6. Of course we all know that free upgrades are common but the email states...
Quote:
This Thursday, October 6, Carnival is celebrating the debut of four new itineraries with our biggest One Day Sale ever.

You’ll receive best available upgrades absolutely FREE when you book virtually any "Fun Ship" cruise -- sailing before December 15, 2006 -- to The Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexico, Alaska and our new itineraries. Request fare code CP1S.
I will be happy to forward the email to anyone that asks.

Cheers!!

Carnival Conquest Oct. 2006
Carnival Conquest Nov. 2005
Sponsored Links
Old October 2nd, 2005, 11:20 AM
Admiral

I got it as well. All cruiselines give the best available upgrade possible if I remember correctly. Have to admit, it does sound good.
Jim
Old October 2nd, 2005, 10:48 PM
Admiral

I was planning on booking a Guarantee Inside Quad room on the Valor for beginning of Dec/06. I wonder if you get an upgrade with this upgrade 'sale', if you will be eligible for any other upgrades????
The reason I was wondering if it was worth booking during this upgrade sale is, because in Jan./05 when we went on Valor we booked(Inside Quad Guarantee) during no particular sale and got upgraded to the best OV(Spa level). Now I know that The Upgrade Fairy is a very fickle thing: we booked about 9 months early, only 1 previous Princess cruise, and booked through an Internet-based cruise dealer.
Since we got upgraded(by luck I am sure) last time, would it be 'better' to wait and not book during this 2 day 'sale'?? I was planning on booking fairly soon anyways and I have received some better prices through CruiseMates Cruise Compete feature. I suggest everyone to try out the Cruise Compete feature here!
Ideas anyone...??? Thanks for any suggestions. Brenda in Canada
Old October 3rd, 2005, 11:58 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to DalTX

Brenda,where is the cruise compete feature?? Dot
Old October 4th, 2005, 12:45 PM
Admiral

Hi Dot, Go under Cruise Shopping at the top of the screen and then click on Cruise Quotes. It tells you what to do- register with a fake name and give your email address(address is not seen by the agents) and say exactly what you are looking for. I have received 7 quotes ALL lower than what I get by going to the sites of various agencies. Then you 'turn off' your request after ??a week/so. The CruiseCompete feature does say all taxes, agency fees,etc. is included , but I plan on checking everything again with the agent who I decide to book with and also checking that they are a CLIA(?) member, etc.
Old October 4th, 2005, 12:51 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to DalTX

Thank you Brenda! I want to book another cruise to Alaska,this time with a land tour added.Plus,one to Hawaii,one to the ...you get the picture!! Dot
Old October 4th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Admiral

Hi,

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade , but Carnival has these "deals" quite often. If you read the fine print at the bottom of the e-mail you'll find many restrictions. Also, the "come on" price is usually for an "i" category cabin. If you can find an "i" category cabin in the brochure, congratulations I had to have my TA tell me where to look .

The upgrade is only good for the same cabin category (inside to inside, ocean view to ocean view, etc.) and is not available on several ships and sailings. Of course if you find something that works for you and it's on sale that's great

I've found that booking early gets you a better "deal" than these specials.

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old October 4th, 2005, 09:49 PM
Passenger

Default good Deal

Last sale I was upgraded from an 8A balcony to an 8I which is on Panorama with an extended balcony. These sales are worth it in the long run, you just have to know exactly what you want. Tell the travel agent, don't let him or her tell you.
Lynne