Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 3rd, 2005, 11:19 PM
Passenger

Default Liberty - Jan 15 ~06

anybody going ? I'm looking for advice on exceptional excursions In Cozumel and Grand Cayman....especially wildlife related. ( and I don't mean Carlos and Charlies or Senor Frogs
Sponsored Links
Old October 4th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Liberty - Jan 15 ~06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatdrinks
anybody going ? I'm looking for advice on exceptional excursions In Cozumel and Grand Cayman....especially wildlife related. ( and I don't mean Carlos and Charlies or Senor Frogs
Whoohoo! We are there! We have a Roll Call for this sailing on that other message board but it is nice to find someone else out there!

We usually book our excursions with private companies but we like the Passion Island tour with Carnival in Cozumel. You get a buffet of local food, open bar and a wonderful beach. In Grand Cayman we usually do Captain Marvins for snorkeling and Stingray City. They are great and you can book with them on-line. Ask for the 3 hour tour. Well worth it!

My DW and I are going on a short cruise in a couple weeks on the Imagination. We needed something for just us and to break up the wait for January.
Old October 5th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Yeoman

Hello...
We'll be there along with Cubdaddy as well. Cubdaddy, are you following me?
We also do Cap't Marvins for the Stingray City excursion. He has a website. YOu book it online..just reserves a place and u pay when u get there. VERY worth every penny! I'd like to do this again. Maybe add something else as well.
Cozumel, we usually go to Chankanaab Park. Great place to spend the day..u can swim with the dolphins there. Nice place to snorkel too.

See you on board. Many of us are going from another board.
Old October 5th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsky
Hello...
We'll be there along with Cubdaddy as well. Cubdaddy, are you following me?
We also do Cap't Marvins for the Stingray City excursion. He has a website. YOu book it online..just reserves a place and u pay when u get there. VERY worth every penny! I'd like to do this again. Maybe add something else as well.
Cozumel, we usually go to Chankanaab Park. Great place to spend the day..u can swim with the dolphins there. Nice place to snorkel too.

See you on board. Many of us are going from another board.
Watch it, I know where you type! He he! It would seem Bigsky that we are the most excited. Of course that may change as we get closer.

I think we will check out Chankanaab Park on our cruise in a couple weeks. We bought our own snorkel equipment and heard this is a good place to go. Plus it is affordable.

I end up on this board a lot lately since the other one always has issues.
Old October 7th, 2005, 05:49 PM
Yeoman

Hey Cubdaddy...I guess we are the most excited! I always have to have a cruise to look forward to. Some people just don't get it.
As far as issues, you'll find them everywhere.

As far as Chankanaab Park, we've gone there each time. I'm looking for something different. HAVE to of course hit my favorite store, Los Cincos Soles...tell DW about that place if you haven't been there. We also like to eat at Pancho's Backyard connected to it.

Maybe hit Paradise Beach?? Not sure...I guess I should be looking. We always bring our own equipment as well.

I think we're on 99 days left! yea!! Better post that on the "other board".
Old October 7th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsky
Hey Cubdaddy...I guess we are the most excited! I always have to have a cruise to look forward to. Some people just don't get it.
As far as issues, you'll find them everywhere.

As far as Chankanaab Park, we've gone there each time. I'm looking for something different. HAVE to of course hit my favorite store, Los Cincos Soles...tell DW about that place if you haven't been there. We also like to eat at Pancho's Backyard connected to it.

Maybe hit Paradise Beach?? Not sure...I guess I should be looking. We always bring our own equipment as well.

I think we're on 99 days left! yea!! Better post that on the "other board".
Bigsky, though we are excited about the Liberty cruise, our cruise in two weeks has us chomping at the bit.

I will have to take the DW ot Los Cincos Soles. She loves to shop and I love to eat.

I think we are going to do the 3 hour tour again with Captain Marvins in Grand Cayman. It sounds like we will be doing this together. Should be fun!
Old October 8th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Yeoman

Well, I guess I can see where you have your mind on something else..duh.
Yes, take your wife to Los Cincos Soles. They have lots of stuff to pick from. Can't bargain at this place. Nicer stuff here. I always buy something here.

I want to do the Stingray City again. Hubby likes variety. Well, trying to see if we can do that and something else, a pkg.

I'm looking into doing the catamaran snorkeling trip in Coz. Have to do something different again. Just went in Dec.

Freeport...have no idea. Not our favorite port here. I'd be happy just staying onboard and enjoying the beautiful ship alone.
Old October 10th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Passenger

thanks for sharing your experiences...one of the things I've always wanted to do was to have some kind of dolphin encounter but I want to get my money's worth. I am booked on this cruise with a singles group so I am also looking for a "mermaid" encounter as well