Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 8th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy
Default Where do you fly into to catch Glory from Port Canaveral Fl

Ok -- setting up Carnival glory in April. Leaves out of Port Canaveral florida. Do you fly in and out of Orlando???

Are there hotel rooms close by at good prices?? We will be flying in the day before. Thanks!
cheryl
Sponsored Links
Old October 8th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Cheryl,
Did you see my reply to this question on another thread? If not...
You fly into Orlando. Since I grew up on Cocoa Beach, I visit often and have cruised twice from Port Canaveral. We have stayed at the Radisson at the Port, Comfort Inn Suites and Hampton Inn. I prefer the Hampton Inn...away from the cruise day crowd.

Radisson is a very nice hotel. The rooms are beautifully decorated. Dinner and breakfast were extra but some people have written that they now offer a complimentary breakfast. We use the hotel for our HS class reunions but on cruise day the lobby was a mess. Even with scheduled shuttle times, there was lots of shoving, yelling and pushing. Not a fun way to start the day. Some even just grabbed a cab instead.

The last time we rented a car from Budget and stayed at the Hampton Inn about 2 or 3 miles down on A1A. They offer complimentary breakfast and if you ask for a room on the 8th floor you have an ocean view from both sides. They also have a nice pathway to the beach close by and on cruise day we just drove to the Budget return close to the port and they had a free shuttle to the port. The night before the cruise, we ate at Grill at the port using their discount coupon I printed off their website.

Its all personal preference and this is just mine. When we cruise from there again, we will do the same thing.

I have read that some cruisers stay in Orlando. Hotels are less and using their free shuttles, they take it back to the airport on cruise morning and grab the Carnival transfer.

So many options, just what works best for you.

Enjoy and if you have more questions, feel free to email me again!

Teresa

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old October 8th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

Hey...thanks. Nope, didn't see the previous post. Sorry! I would need a cruise transfer from the ship to airport the day we return. I am hoping they have shuttles to the hotels of some kind (??? do you know???) when we land as I don't think it is really necessary to rent a car just for transport to the hotel, right? I don't need anything fancy, just a place to sleep until we catch the boat the next a.m. I usually stay at Laquinta since I get the best prices with AAA and comp breakfast (not that we won't have enough to eat when we board!!). How far away is the hotels near the port from the airport in Orlando? I am Florida illeriate! Thanks
Old October 8th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Admiral

Sorry Cheryl, I did forget to mention the distance. Port Canaveral is 45 minutes from the airport. From what I understand in your message, you could stay at a LaQuinta near the airport then on cruise morning take their shuttle back to the airport and catch a Carnival shuttle to the ship. I think they are around $25/pp but they might have a R/T price too for your return trip. We like renting a car for only about $30 and driving down ourselves but that's because I visit my old stomping grounds. If you have a late flight out, you can always take a tour of Kennedy Space Center thru the ship which includes airport transfer too. We did use the ship's transfer back to the airport. Like I said, so many options.

7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

Old October 8th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

CA Cruiser,
I have a question for you...I have been looking at the Radisson website myself and was wondering do they have the rooms with 2 queen size beds or is it like suites?

We need 2 rooms with doubles...
Thanks
Georgia girl
Old October 8th, 2005, 05:50 PM
Admiral

Sorry Georgia Girl, I don't know about the beds or if they have suites. Might be best to call them direct. I know the Hampton Inn had rooms with 2 queens because my sister and I had one and her son and DIL came and visited us one night.

7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

Old October 8th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

CA Cruiser you have stayed at the Comfort Inn did you like it and was the price reasonable?
Could you see the cruise ships from there?
I'm looking for something near the port and to please the others that will be going with me and for some reason I got the job of looking for and booking our rooms

Thanks for any help!
Georgia girl
Old October 11th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Admiral

No you can't see the ships from the Comfort Inn. The Radisson at the Port is the closest hotel to the port but we could not see the ships from there either. The Hampton Inn is only about 3 miles south of the port and the CI is a little closer, about 2 1/2 miles south.

7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

Old October 13th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Passenger

We're sailing on the Glory in December and we're flying into Melbourne on Delta. We're happy with the cost, but, not with Delta's service. We checked their website and couldn't find our flight from Atlanta to Melbourne. We called our TA and Delta had cancelled that flight and rescheduled us onto a flight that got in after midnight! We got that changed in a hurry! They hadn't bothered to notify our TA. I'm checking their flight schedules every week now.

We're staying at the Days Inn.