Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 12th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to Amee
Default Inspiration quest. regarding food for kids..

We are going on the Inspiration on 11-21-05. My husband and I are traveling with our two sons, 13 and 15. My question is they are picking eaters...just like the plain ole boring stuff!! Do they offer any foods like hamburgers or grilled cheeses or chicken tenders in the main dining room? Any advice will be appreciated!!
Thanks...Amee
Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2005, 10:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

They can order from the kids menu, but, a better alternative is to have them order a steak or chicken breast (not on the menu, but available daily). I have picky teen boys too. On our last cruise, they were able to find something they liked on the regular menu most nights (appetizers are hit and miss but there is usually an entree that's not too fancy). On the nights they couldn't find anything, they ordered a steak. And, one night, my 15 year old just ate pasta (any pasta on the appetizer menu can also be a main dish).

Encourage them to try new things and remember, they won't starve. They can always get pizza 24/7 on the lido deck!
Old October 13th, 2005, 08:10 AM
First Mate

They can always eat in the buffet line before supper or after supper. Then just sit with you in the dining room and have dessert. That's usually what my kids do. But on a cruise, they seem to eat all day long.
Old October 13th, 2005, 10:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Amee:

They can get hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken finger, fries, etc. in the main dining room every night. I have encouraged my kids to try different foods as they can always not eat them if they don't like them and then order the old standby. They've enjoyed just about everything they tried, so they no most often eat the hamburgers and hotdogs at lunch and look forward getting something else at dinner.

Darcy
Old October 13th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Admiral

i totally agree with Darcy, let them order something new and different off the main menu, if they don't like it, they can send it back and get a steak, chicken or pasta every night.
Old October 13th, 2005, 08:03 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to Amee

Thank you guys for all the information!! This will be 4th Cruise and I did not know you could order steak everynight!! I thought what was on the menu was the only thing available!!!
Did I understand right that you can order a hamburger or hotdog at the main dining room??? Or just at the buffet....
Also last year we went on Royal Carribbean and they had a Johnny Rockets Restaruant. Are there any speciality restarurants on this ship..I know you have to pay extra...
Thanks a lot!!
Amee
Old October 13th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Amee.....I didn't realize about the steak/chicken option until our last cruise. It would have come in handy on the first 2 cruises with the kids when they were REALLY picky. Anyway, the children's menu in the dining room will have hamburgers (not sure about hot dogs, but probably).

The only specialty restaurants on Carnival ships are supper clubs, where the charge is $30 per person. I'm not sure if the Inspiration has one. Some ships also have a specialty coffee stand (also extra $$). All other food is included in your fare.

Your kids will do just fine with breakfast and lunch, either in the dining room or the buffet (teens usually just go to the buffet at breakfast and lunch, but, of course, they are welcome in the dining room!). For dinner, just encourage them to at least look at the menu (and let them know about the steak option) before they settle for the kids menu, since they'll be eating that kind of food for lunch anyway. In my opinion, the kids menu isn't very good; not the same quality as the grill or buffet on the lido deck.