Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 16th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Beginner

Default BIRTHDAY on the Valor~ Questions

Does anyone have any recommendations for celebrating a birthday on board? Mine AND my husbands birthday is the same day and we will be sailing on the VALOR!! It is a sea day. I want a really great day, any suggestions from someone who has celebrated their birthday on board? Room decorations, are they worth it???
Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2005, 07:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

machllz:

First off, happy birthday to you both.

When are you sailing on the Valor?

We are sailing on her in April doing Eastern.

Last spring we sailed on the Celebration and my birthday was that Friday, which was also a sea day.

It was very relaxing at sea. I slept in, had a wonderful breakfest (which you could have room service deliver). A trip to the spa or if there is an art auction (which are alot of fun - even if you know nothing about art) these would be fun to participate in.

My family did not do the room decoration. However, they did get me the most delicious chocolate cake from the shop (I think it is the Formalities shop-where they rent the tuxes). The wait staff brought it out for desser and they were all singing (15 total in our party).

We then spent the evening having drinks and talking about what a great trip we had.

My family all got dressed up for dinner and stopped to have a birthday picture taken before dinner.

There are lots of fun ideas on the ship to celebrate.

Drop me a note if you have any other questions.

Enjoy and be safe.

Chefkel22

RCCL Freedom of the Seas 2/10
Carnival Legend 2/09
Carnival Victory 2/08
Carnival Liberty 7/07
Carnival Valor 4/06
Carnival Celebration 4/05
Carnival Sensation 4/04
Old October 27th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Admiral

Hi, we were on the Valor back in April, and the 2nd night out we celebrated my daughter's boyfirend's 21st birthday with a pre-ordered cake that was delivered to our table in time for dessert. The waiters, of course, sang Happy Birthday! We also pre-ordered (online) room decorations for him, that were up at boarding time. They were nice, but a bit of a bother since he and my son are 6'2" and my daughter, 5' 10", were all sharing the cabin and kept getting their heads tangled in the decorations! If you look in the Photo Gallery, titled Valor Vacation under "rolledonna" dated May 10th 2005, you can see pictures of the decorations.
Have a great cruise!

donna