Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 23rd, 2005, 01:13 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to AmazingAngel
Default cabin assigned or different?

When we booked our cruise we got a outside guarantee. I got my cabin number assigned to us as well. Does that mean that is our room (guaranteed), or will we still stand a chance of being up graded maybe just maybe to a balcony room..we are past carnival travellers does that help? We are on the Liberty assigned to main deck.
Old October 23rd, 2005, 03:35 PM
First Mate

Default Re: cabin assigned or different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingAngel
When we booked our cruise we got a outside guarantee. I got my cabin number assigned to us as well. Does that mean that is our room (guaranteed), or will we still stand a chance of being up graded maybe just maybe to a balcony room..we are past carnival travellers does that help? We are on the Liberty assigned to main deck.
no-one can say for sure. it is a luck of the draw for the '' upgrade fairy '' to visit you. i will tell you what happened to me on my last cruise and it might cheer you up.

for 13 months i had a specific cabin ( oceon view on the riviera deck of the carnival spirit ) picked out and paid for. i even had my docs with the original cabin number on the back of the boarding pass. when we boarded the ship we had been upgraded to the verandah deck with a balcony. sooooo cooooool. it was my first balcony and from now on i will only get balconys. they can change your cabin a little as a couple weeks before the cruise. what ever you end up with have a great time.
Old October 24th, 2005, 12:16 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to AmazingAngel

So when and where can a person check to see if their cabin has been changed or not. Can you see it on the carnival web site or basically wait and see until we arrive?
Old October 24th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Yes: You stand a chance of being upgraded once you receive your cabin number but the chances are low. You will receive reports of people who have been upgraded again once they have received their cabin number but these people are in the minority.

Upgrades usually occurs within the same categories: Inside to inside: Outside to Outside: Balcony to Balcony.

I do hope you do get a balcony but do not be disappointed if you do not receive one. If you do, consider yourself lucky and be happy that the upgrade fairy has smiled upon you.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 24th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to jack124

10 cruises, seven with carnival, and the upgrade fairy has never visited me. must be on someone's bad list.
Old October 24th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Admiral

Seems like the more times you cruise with CCL the less likely you are to get an upgrade! We have done 17 now and no upgrades since the first one or two! <G>
Jim
Old October 24th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Cabin assignment or upgrade

Antron, I am so happy for you. Most only dream of such an upgrade. A few years ago we were on Enchantment of the Seas with my dh's parents. We were upgraded to a penthouse suite from a regular balcony. Never knew why; we gave it to his parents and they "allowed" us to visit everyday. What a palace and it never happened again in 17 cruises.

Betty
cruise #19 booked: Crown Princess, 9/30/06

cruise #20 booked: Carnival Liberty, 1/14/07
Old October 24th, 2005, 10:16 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Cabin assignment or upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisinforever
Antron, I am so happy for you. Most only dream of such an upgrade. A few years ago we were on Enchantment of the Seas with my dh's parents. We were upgraded to a penthouse suite from a regular balcony. Never knew why; we gave it to his parents and they "allowed" us to visit everyday. What a palace and it never happened again in 17 cruises.

Betty
im glad you were '' allowed '' to visit the cabin. that is funny. and how nice of you to give it to the parents. yes, we were very lucky. they said it was because a huge group booked and all of them wanted to be together on the bottom deck with ocean views. so they bumped us up to make room for them. they very nicely asked me if i wanted to upgrade for free when we checked in and it took me about 2 seconds to say '' yes, thank you. if the upgrade fairy never visits me again that is a great one to remember.