Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 24th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Beginner

Default Passport Question

Forgive me if this has been asked already but it is Dec 31, 2006 when the passport requirements will be enforced, correct? We are looking at taking a cruise next summer July 2006. And just wanted to make certain the new policy.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old October 24th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Yes: As of today, you can cruise the Caribbean and Mexico with your birth certificate and government issued picture id in July of 2006. If you are female or male and have had a name change you will need a marriage license, divorce papers, court issued documentation, etc. to show the name change.

I do advocate getting the passport to make the travel easier and you will need one after 12/31/06 anyway. You still have plenty of time and it's the best investment in travel documentation you can make.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 24th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

i was told that the passport date is Jan. 2008. That is what my trac=vel agent was told. And she double checked with Carnival to make sure they were not making there passport time different. So they said same thing. Happy cruising.....
Old October 25th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Admiral

check with Immigration to get the correct information.