Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 29th, 2005, 09:35 PM
Passenger

Default Formal nights on Pride to Mex Riviera

Can anyone tell me what are the two formal
nights on Carnival Pride (to Mexican Riviera)??
Thank you,
Cheryl-Beth
sailing in 15 days
Sponsored Links
Old October 31st, 2005, 08:40 PM
Passenger

We just got off the Pride yesterday. Formal nights were Monday and Friday
Old November 1st, 2005, 01:22 AM
Passenger

TonyP, how did you like your cruise on the Pride? Any wisdom you can pass on? We sail on Nov 13th. It will be our first cruise ever.
Cheryl-Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyp
We just got off the Pride yesterday. Formal nights were Monday and Friday
Old November 1st, 2005, 11:25 AM
Passenger

We really had a great time on the Pride. This was our 9th cruise and 3rd with Carnival and one of our best cruises ever.The entire staff was very friendly and accomadating.Every time you passed a crew member you received a hello or have a good day, and it sounded like they meant it
The food was very good. We had breakfast and lunch in Mermaids, buffet style, and dinners in the dining roo. We ate one night at Davids Supper Club and it was well worth the $30. pp in our opinion. If you can find one complaint, it would be that some of the hot beakfast items in the buffet could be a little bit hotter, but this is aproblem we encountered on other ships as well.The waiters and asst waiters allways were around to fill the water glasses, offer more bread, and they do a great job of entertainign with a song or dance each nite right before dessert. It is a lot of fun.
The entertainment was done well with a lot of variety. Two big Vegas type shows , a couple of comedians, and a ventriloquist in the showroom. The comics also did midnight adult comedy shos two nights. In the other lounges there were a band , a piano player ,Karaoke etc. The Cruise director and his staff did a great job, and we always saw them around the ship.
We did not have problems gettin deck charirs. They did not fill up until around 12 noon on sea days. Pools are a bit cramped, but you will find room to take a dip to cool off. My wife had a spa treatment and thought it was done well.
We did not take tours but just walked or taxied around the port. We did talk to people who took excursions that Carnival offered and heard no complaints.
We are members of the Vacation club, so we had priority boarding and disembarking. Suggest you take advantage of early check in on the Quuen Mary which is right next to the Pride. You van drop luggage with porters starting at around 9:45 at the pier, then walk next door to the Queen to check in. People started lining up around 11:30 and about 12;15 they started boarding process.
If you have a flight before 2:30PM on dbark day, they will let you off the ship in the first group.If not they call by deck and luggage tags color.Everyone should be off by 11:30
Hope this helps. Have a wonderful cruise vacation
Old November 1st, 2005, 11:35 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyp
We ate one night at Davids Supper Club and it was well worth the $30. pp in our opinion. If you can find one complaint, it would be that some of the hot beakfast
Thank you so much for all the info. We are really exciting about the cruise. I have one more question for you. We plan to eat at David's Supper Club one night. We have heard such good things about it. My question: Do you tip? Is the tip included? How did you handle that?
Cheryl-Beth
Old November 1st, 2005, 11:47 AM
Admiral

On the Glory, the tip "is included" but we still gave extra because of the excellent presentation, meal & service. Can't wait to do it again on the Liberty! Have a great cruise.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old November 1st, 2005, 04:16 PM
Passenger

We also tipped extra . The service was excellent, they do it as a team of about 4 . At the end of the meal, they ask for your sign and sail card, and then come back with your receipt. There is a spot on the receipt to add additional gratuity much as on a credit card receipt in a land restaurant.
Again, it is your personal choice as to whether or not you want to add an additional tip.
If you think of anything else you would like to know, just ask.Our first cruise was in 1984, and I remember how many questions we had before we first went on the cruise.
Old November 2nd, 2005, 05:48 PM
Beginner

If you have any questions you can ask me i was on the ship about 3 months ago
Old November 10th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Passenger

and if you have any other questions...ask me

I just did a 10 month contract as a purser on the Pride...so I am pretty much part of the furniture
Old November 10th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Emma, *so* nice to have you on Cruisemates! I'm sure you will be a lot of help ... I was on Pride in 2002, but after that on the Spirit in 2003.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!