Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 31st, 2005, 07:20 PM
Familiar Face

Default Help please from Jim and Crazyabout crusing!

!st question is for Jim, we traded our So. Africa time share for the cruise and their agent said,"Oh you will love all the space and they can only upgrade you to an 11 or 12 suite for our room and trade" We are early 40's good health and had no idea this maybe for physically challenged guests. Would it help to contact Carnival and let them know we would change for an 11 or 12 and give the entended room to someone who may be in need of it. Or will they trade us down to just a standard balcony? Any advice?
2nd for CAC if we do get this room, we have some questions, is there a couch or just the table and 2 chairs, is the shower in a sperate room than the sinks or is the floor always wet and slippery,where is the toliet, does the main door open infront of the door to the balcony and is that just a slim door or a door and window? Sorry for all the questions but I guess we all worry about our trips. Thank you both and anyone else who has these answers or more pictures!
Sponsored Links
Old October 31st, 2005, 08:16 PM
Passenger

Plan B - there is no couch in the room . Just a table and chairs. There is also less draw and closet space. The bathroom is one big room. The shower has a seat in it. I found this a little akward as the seat did not stay up on its own. So I had to hold the seat up while I showered or I had to shower around it. Also, the shower did not have a lip around it so the entire bathroom floor got wet. And because there was no step up into the bathroom the water from the bathroom flooded my room one morning when the seas were very rough. The toilet was to the right of the shower sort of in the corner. The room had a queen size bed.There is very little room to get out of bed on the left side. I was a single so it didn't really matter to me. The main cabin door is right next to the bed. The bed is on the on the outside(hallway) wall and couple of times the noise from the hall did wake me up. Especially when people let their doors slam. The balcony door was a standard balcony door plus a window. I hope I answered all your questions. If there is anything just ask.

Nancy
Celebration 1993
Sensation 1995,1996,1999
Inspiration 1997
Imagination 2000,2001
Victory 2001,8/2003,9/2003,2004
Triumph 2002
Glory 9/2005,12/2005
Valor 5/2006
Legend 2004,2005,10/2005,9/2006
Liberty 5/2007 & 12/30/2007
Crown Princess 9-/2007
Old October 31st, 2005, 09:01 PM
Admiral

planb, I have to say that your agent is quite tacky by intentionally booking you in a cabin that is meant for handicapped individuals. Also, no they do not have to upgrade you to a cat 11 or 12 or any cat above what you booked. If you were to contact CCL and make the 'offer' to let the disability cabin go for an upgrade to cat 11 or 12 I doubt they would look favorably upon you and might just change you to the worst cabin in the cat that you booked. It just comes across as arrogant and mean to try and bribe them in this manner. Remember that the Internet and the phone is not the best way to communicate your real feelings and personality to another and they might get their rears on their shoulders if you do that and misunderstand.
Jim
Old October 31st, 2005, 09:23 PM
Familiar Face

Jim,
I'm sorry if you miss understood our intentions, but we in no way would bribe ourselves into another room or catagory. We did pay quite a bit and also traded our timeshare and feel that as you said, it has to mainly do with what "information" our agent gave us. We have refered the matter to him and his company with our concerns with this matter and will either resolve it or cancel our trip. An extended balcony was what we were looking for and on a prior question you had also said you would prefer an extended balcony. So hope this will all resolve its self favorably .
Old November 1st, 2005, 11:21 AM
Admiral

planb. I in no way thought you did and tried very hard to let you know that I did not think that of you. I was trying to convey that things like this are easily mis-understood and I guess this is a perfect example. What is acrually intended and what often comes across can and is quite often completely differant.
Jim