Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 9th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Passenger

Default Formal Night and Pre-Cruise hotel choices

Is there a formal night on the 3 day Fascination cruise? My son is 14 and this will be his first cruise. I know he's not going to wear a suit. Are there any suggestions for a 14 year old?

I've booked the Springhill Suites for the pre-cruise night. They have complimentary shuttle and breakfast. We plan to take a cab to the port. I really would like to be near the port. Is there another recommended hotel in the range of 75 - 100; 1st preference is downtown and airport 2nd.

I tried priceline for a downtown hotel and had no luck with a 3 or 2 star in this price range. I'm not familar with the priciline process; gave up

TIA

Fascination, November, 2005
Imagination, May, 2006
Sovereign
Fantasy
Monarch
Sponsored Links
Old November 9th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Beginner

Default formal night

If you son won't wear a suit, see if he will wear a nice pair of pants and a nice shirt (button down) and possibly a tie. I don't think they will say anything if he is not wearing a suit. He definately can not wear shorts or jeans into the dining room for dinner any night. They don't allow that attire at dinner time in the dining room.
Old November 9th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Many teen boys wear dress pants, dress shirt and tie, dress shoes on formal night. If your son doesn't have a jacket, don't worry about it.

For non-formal nights, khaki pants and a polo or hawaiian type shirt is the norm. Since it's a short cruise, just bring the one pair of pants and 2 shirts.
Old November 9th, 2005, 10:15 PM
First Mate

Default Traveled last cruise with a 14 yr old son

All previous posts are 100% correct. My son brought one pair of black dress pants, dress shirt and two ties, and dress shoes. He wore this for formal night and fit in perfectly. The girls were dressed up much more like prom and many celebrating quincineras (spelling?)

For non formal nights-brought one pair of khaki's and many polo shirts, and a hawaiian shirt. He brought tennis shoes but wore khaki sandals the entire trip practically. Just spending quality time at dinner with a teen and grandparents interacting and talking time== "PRICELESS"
Enjoy.
Carnival Destiny June 2001, July 2005
NCL Southward June 1985 Honeymoon!