Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Beginner

Default Need Suggestions! Son with Disability

We area sailing on Spirit on Dec 18th to Mexico.

My son has Aspergers and Obbessive Compulsive Disorder.

We are booked in a OV cabin. My son has started to obsess on the fact that he can't let "real" air in and that there is only one way out of the room.

I need a cabin with a balcony but I can't afford it. Any suggestions on how to get Carnival to upgrade us. He has been looking forward to this cruise for 2 year and it would be horrible if it turned out bad because of his OCD. He would never forgive himself. Yes, he takes meds but they are not always enough in new circumstances.

Any Ideas?
Sponsored Links
Old November 13th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Lindy,
There really is no for sure way to obtain an up-grade other than just booking a balcony cabin. You can look for specials, but if you are going with your son, chances are you need to go during a school break, and unfortunately, those times are during the premium time and you don't get much of a break. You can book a guarantee cabin and hope for an upgrade, but thats always a gamble. Depending on the cruise, you can check with your travel agent and see what it cost so book a balcony cabin, but with a guarantee, you can save a little money that way, and are assured to at least get a balcony cabin.

What ships are you looking at?

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 13th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Passenger

I am sorry but I don't know any tips on getting cabin upgrades, but I am writing because I too am travelling with someone with aspergers and OCD. I am also a therapist and I work with this population.

My concern is to get a table for two because my travel mate gets nervous around strangers in social situations. Lemme know how it goes for you.
Old November 13th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessalynV
I am sorry but I don't know any tips on getting cabin upgrades, but I am writing because I too am travelling with someone with aspergers and OCD. I am also a therapist and I work with this population.

My concern is to get a table for two because my travel mate gets nervous around strangers in social situations. Lemme know how it goes for you.
Hello JessalynV,

When are you going? I'm really nervous, the last time we went on a trip it was a disaster. He started to blow out of his nose every few seconds until there was blood coming out. His poor sister was so embarrassed.

We are going on the Spirit on Dec 18th. We have better meds now, I hope!!!