Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 16th, 2005, 06:17 AM
Passenger

Default Topless Beach in Playa del Carmen?

My wife and I are going on the Carnival Ship the Holiday May, 2006. We will get a lot of time in Playa del Carmen.

Does anyone know of a Excursion offered by Carnival that will take you to a beach where topless sunbathing is the norm?

Topless sunbathing is something she does all this time, even on our own beaches here in and near Pensacola, FL. So we are not going as gawkers! Just don't like tan lines!

Thanks

ps

I am not asking this to start a debate about rather topless sunbathing should be allowed etc. I just would like some directions from people that have been there.
Sponsored Links
Old November 16th, 2005, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I would go toCarnival, on the excursions line. It has never been advertised, so I don't think you will find it the normal way. Also, try going to the port web site, and see if they have something. You might be able to take a taxi to the location. Hope this helps.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 16th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Beginner

I was just at Playa 11/12/05 and the beach we went to seemed to allow topless. I don't recall the name of the beach, but it was a public beach in the central shopping area. According to our taxi driver this is the one to be at.
Old November 16th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Admiral

Carnival doesn't offer that tour. While technically it is illegal to go topless it is ignored and many if not most of the ladies on the beach right there in PDC are topless. It is more common north of the pier. The authorities never bother the tourists who goes sans top but I did see one officer tell a local to put her top on immediately or be arrested. Has to do with most of them being Catholic I guess.
Jim
Old November 16th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

My wife and I were in Playa del Carmen just last Friday the 11th. There is beach that stretches quite a way North and South of the tender pier. In fact you can step down into the sand before you reach the end of the pier. This is no exaggeration. There were about 10 topless ladies within 100 yards of the tenders. It will cost you a minimum of two, two dollar drinks to have use as many beach loungers as you need. They are using the new pier that drops you out in the heart of very new (still work in progress) upscale resorts. Cabana boys are all over the place.

Carnival Conquest Oct. 2006
Carnival Conquest Nov. 2005
Old November 17th, 2005, 08:11 AM
Passenger

Thanks to everyone who replyed! This was the type of information we needed

I think we will just get a cab from where we get dropped off and take it to where "iamblking" posted. Just do our own thing and not do a Carnival Excursion. We have from 8am till 10pm to get back to the boat. To be on the safe side we plan on getting back to the boat by 8 or 9pm.

Changing the subject here:

Hey "iamblking" We just had our 1st grand baby too! Our 17 year old had her baby Mid. September. They are both living with us. At 41, its hard to beleive we have a grand child, but hey, take what life gives ya and make the best of it! Maybe that is why we enjoy C/O topless beaches. We are now to the point we really don't care what others think!!! We do what we want!!!