Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 16th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Captain

Default Need update on Conquest & Cozumel

Anybody just return on the Conquest, did you go to Cozumel?.... If no, then where did you go in place of Cozumel??______ ... Many Thanks....

Conquest .... Nov /03 (New Orleans)
Conquest .... Dec /05 (Galveston)
Celebration.. Sept /06 (Jacksonville)
Fantasy....... Dec/07 (New Orleans)
Splendor...... Nov. 29th, 2009

Splendor...... Nov. 28th, 2010 (booked)
Sponsored Links
Old November 16th, 2005, 03:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Hi Bob and Kathy,

The Cozumelinsider has the Conquest in port on Friday. I to am wondering what will happen to our cruise, but have decided to not worry about it. If I hear anymore, i will let you and others know.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 16th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Beginner

I just returned from the Carnival Conquest cruise on 11/13/05. The ship visited Playa Del Carmen instead of Cozumel. I have never been to Cozumel so I cannot make any comparisions. However, one other passenger who has been to Cozumel a number of times stated that she liked Playa Del Carmen much better. One advantage of Playa Del Carmen is that the Maya ruins of Tulum is only an hour away. In Cozumel, such atour was not available. These ruins are not the pyramid type. They are rexctangular shaped from the post-classic Mayan era. However, they is still interesting, and the Carribean is beautiful there (I know beautiful beaches. I live on Oahu where Waikiki is). I went on the the Carnival Cruise tour of Tulum which is five hourslong and I believe was $79. I think you can get the same tour on shore for substantially less. If you go on the tour and what to pick up Mayan type souviniers, do not buy any at the shop the tour guide will take you to to use the bathroom (about ten minutes before Talum). At Talum, there are a bunch of shops where prices (if you know how to bargain) are about 60 - 75 percent cheaper. Basically you can bargain down the vendors original price to half the price or less. My friends who did not go on the tour and shopped downtown (I was too tired after the tour) informed me that the prices downtown in Playa Del Carmen were reasonable. I hope this answer some of your questions.
Old November 16th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Storm'n Norman
Default Update.........

My source in CCL advised me that the Carnival Triumph and Celebrity Galaxy on 14 November 2005 were the first to bring cruise passengers back to Cozumel since Hurricane Wilma.

A dozen ships will visit during the first week’s resumption of cruise traffic.

Because of damage to the cruise piers, ships will anchor and tender passengers ashore for the foreseeable future. Cozumel officials have said they initially are prepared to handle four ships a day.

Carnival a few days ago became the first operator to publicly map out its schedule for Cozumel. The line initially plans to reintroduce the destination on the itineraries of five ships starting this week: Carnival Triumph (from Miami), Inspiration and Carnival Miracle (Tampa), Carnival Conquest (Galveston) and Carnival Glory (Port Canaveral).

Hope that clears up the situation.........

84 completed cruises including.....

48 Carnival Cruises......
16 Princess Cruises.......
8 R.C.C.L Cruises.......
1 Celebrity Cruise
5 HAL Cruises......
4 NCL Cruises.......
2 P&O Cruises......
ALL since 1994!
Old November 17th, 2005, 07:44 AM
Captain

Default Great

I found the scheudule on Carnival's web site under the "News" section.....
Thanks for all the help....

Conquest .... Nov /03 (New Orleans)
Conquest .... Dec /05 (Galveston)
Celebration.. Sept /06 (Jacksonville)
Fantasy....... Dec/07 (New Orleans)
Splendor...... Nov. 29th, 2009

Splendor...... Nov. 28th, 2010 (booked)
Old November 17th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Admiral

Ships are calling on Cozumel and while it is not back to 'normal' they are working very hard and from what I have been told many if not most places are open even while some are undergoing repairs! It is amazing how faszt they are getting things back in oprder for the tourism industry.
Jim