Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 17th, 2005, 12:18 AM
Passenger

Default cruise director liberty

Does anyone know who the cruise director will be on the Liberty on the January 15 sailing. I have heard that John will be on vacation until the end of the month. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old November 17th, 2005, 05:27 AM
Admiral

I'll let you know when I'm onboard on Jan. 7th.

Regards,
Thomas
Old November 17th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Admiral

I'll see if I can find out.
Jim
Old November 17th, 2005, 01:59 PM
Passenger

Default Re: cruise director liberty

Quote:
Originally Posted by troytautges
Does anyone know who the cruise director will be on the Liberty on the January 15 sailing. I have heard that John will be on vacation until the end of the month. Thanks.
Just wanted to say hello to a fellow cruiser. We cannot wait for the Liberty cruise on 1/15/06.

I believe we have roll call on this board
Old November 20th, 2005, 05:55 PM
First Mate

Jim, I also would love to know who will be on the Liberty when John leaves.

I am disappointed that John will be off the Liberty when we cruise Dec. 18th. I have heard so much about him that I was hopping to cruise with him.

Last year we were on the Valor and had Josh Riffe. He was a very sweet nice guy but did not have the timing or expertise when it came to interacting with the talent on stage. He was very Jr. High. One on one we enjoyed chatting with him but when he was on stage for anything.. he was not as talented as I have experienced in the past.

I just heard that he is no longer affiliated with Carnival?

Old November 21st, 2005, 11:20 AM
Admiral

Default Sad news...but I think it's true? Jim/Kuki?

After hearing so much about him, we have been so excited to finally get John Heald as our CD this coming SATURDAY!!! But then I read this on another cruise board. Can it be true?

.......Brent Mitchell - who use to be Cruise Director on Valor Has now taking over as Cruise Director on the LIberty, two weeks ahead of time, he took over on this Sunday cruise. John Heald is still aboard but just as change over/over lap cruise director. John is going on well needed vacation after doing 4 months in Europe and 16 day crossing it is time for a vacation.. John will be returning to Liberty on January 21. I heard from good source that Brent did a great job doing welcome aboard show on Sunday night 11/20 he was very good, he should like him, he did get great review on the Valor....

One day maybe....

Teresa

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old November 21st, 2005, 11:24 PM
Admiral

Well as I couldn't seem to get everyone to agree on John's status at CCL I said what the heck, when in doubt ask the one who has to know. I wrote John this afternoon and this is part of his reply:

""Hey Mate

Yes its true, I leave next week for a chance to plug in and recharge the
CD batteries""

So this should leave little doubt as to John's plans. He does appreciate all the good wishes and nice things that people say about him here at Cruisemates. If anyone here has the chance to sail with him when he returns to the Liberty please step up to him and say hello and how you have heard so much about him here at Cruisemates. It really does make his day.
Jim
Old November 22nd, 2005, 10:08 AM
Admiral

Thanks Jim for the info. I never really paid that much attention to who the CD was. It never that important but after hearing so much about John I wanted to see what he was all about. As I said...maybe one day.

Teresa

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old November 26th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bragg
Well as I couldn't seem to get everyone to agree on John's status at CCL I said what the heck, when in doubt ask the one who has to know. I wrote John this afternoon and this is part of his reply:

""Hey Mate

Yes its true, I leave next week for a chance to plug in and recharge the
CD batteries""

So this should leave little doubt as to John's plans. He does appreciate all the good wishes and nice things that people say about him here at Cruisemates. If anyone here has the chance to sail with him when he returns to the Liberty please step up to him and say hello and how you have heard so much about him here at Cruisemates. It really does make his day.
Jim
I keep that in mind, any special jokes to tell him by surprise?
He is fully charged when we sail the Liberty Jan 21.

Read and post cruise reviews

Old November 26th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Admiral

As you live in Amsterdam you might want to let him know. Heidi, his wife if from that area and this is where they will most likelyu settle when he finally retired. Heidi may even be onboard with him. A very nice looking blond lady.
Jim
Old November 26th, 2005, 08:26 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bragg
As you live in Amsterdam you might want to let him know. Heidi, his wife if from that area and this is where they will most likelyu settle when he finally retired. Heidi may even be onboard with him. A very nice looking blond lady.
Jim
Good to know, tnx Jim.
I have to be carefull speaking dutch onboard

Old November 27th, 2005, 05:58 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Carnival Vincent

Jacqueline,

I was on the Liberty Transatlantic a few weeks ago and I have met John Heald on board. He really is the best CD you can get. When I told him I was from the Netherlands he made jokes in Dutch to, that’s really made the cruise very special to me and my family travelling with me. He told me about his Dutch wife and guess what! Heidi lives in the village next to me, only 5 minutes by car. It was an amazing experience because what are the odds that the cruise director on a American Ship knows the little place I live in the Netherlands.

I just know that you will have a great cruise and if you can please say Hi to him from me, tell him Vincent from Vinkeveen , I was on the Willy Banger Transatlantic cruise. I’m sure he still knows that.

The only thing I can do is hope,hope,hope that John Heald is still the cruisedirector on board the Liberty in may 2006.

Vincent The Dutch boy

Cruise History: 1990 Mardi Gras, 1993 Jubilee, 1998 Imagniation, 2002 Fantasy, 2003 Carnival Spirit (panama canal), 2004 Carnival Triumph, 2005 Carnival Liberty (transatlantic)
Old November 27th, 2005, 07:29 AM
Admiral

Hi Vincent!

Good to see I am not the only Dutchie on this board
Vinkeveen is indeed good to live. You can have your own minicruises on the Vinkeveense plassen

I tell him you said hello and all the other cruisemates here
Glad to hear you had a great transatlantic, for the weather on the ocean was not that good.

As for our cruising, all cruises are good for it is a ship bringing me to nice places, no workstress, only happy people. We are hooked to Carnival for its good service, good food. Our countdown to fly is now 47 days.
We travel with a big group this time to the Locks.

Tot ziens!