Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 20th, 2005, 10:32 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival Luggage cruise tags

Hey, do you guys put your (Carnival-Liberty) luggage tags on when you leave home or when you touch down in the appropriate city? Wondering about losing them in the handling of luggage from plane to plane.
Sponsored Links
Old November 20th, 2005, 10:43 PM
Captain

Default Print my own...

I tie them on at home but also make up a set of my own tags & attach with small tie wraps..... My tags have the same information that Carnival's tags have... Just makes me feel better that I have a back-up ID tags.....

Conquest .... Nov /03 (New Orleans)
Conquest .... Dec /05 (Galveston)
Celebration.. Sept /06 (Jacksonville)
Fantasy....... Dec/07 (New Orleans)
Splendor...... Nov. 29th, 2009

Splendor...... Nov. 28th, 2010 (booked)
Old November 20th, 2005, 10:59 PM
Admiral

In addition to what Bob does, I write the name/address of my pre-cruise hotel [I arrive a day before the cruise] on my luggage....tape it to my bag with clear "packing tape". If my luggage is mislaid, I want the airline to know where I am on any given day. I keep a second set of luggage tags which I put on my bags just prior to debarkation. Those, I put my home address on. I leave that information off the tags I put on prior to embarkation.

I don't want strangers to know I'm gone...what address I'm gone from. Also, if the bags are lost, I don't want them automatically sent to my house.
Old November 21st, 2005, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Unless things have changed since last year, the airline will not let you have anyother destination tags on your luggage. Address tags yes.
Anyway its not a good idea to put your cruise destination tags on your luggage until after you have landed. It has been know to cause mix-ups , and if the tags get torn off you will have to get new tags at the pier. I keep my cruise luggage tags in my carry-on and put them on our luggage at the hotel
Old November 21st, 2005, 06:55 PM
Admiral

The cruise lines ask that you do not place the cruise tags on your luggage until just before you arrive at the port or when you get to the airport at the port. They do not want you to have those luggage tags ripped off.
Jim