Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 25th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Beginner

Default carnival age policy

I'm involved with an outdoors club, which has members of a variety of ages between 18 and 50. There's strong interest in taking a trip to the Carribean for snorkeling / scuba diving, hiking, etc. I was on the Carnival Glory last January on the Key West / Belize / Cozumel / Progreso itinerary and I think that would be perfect.

However, given that some of our members are under 21, I was wondering what the effective age policy is for Carnival. The way I read it, anybody under 21 needs to travel with a parent or guardian in the same cabin. However, I seem to recall from my previous cruises that if the individual is between 18 and 20, the rule is that they just need to travel with somebody over 25, who does not have to be a parent/guardian. Is that the case?

It seems kind of silly to require a parent/guardian to be present when the individual is a legal adult, and hence parent/guardian has no legal meaning

Thanks,
-Pat
Sponsored Links
Old November 25th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Pdo,
Yes, the person who is under 21 needs to have someone in his cabin that is at least 25, doen't have to be a parent. BTW, we also went on Carnival Glory this past Sept. and they have now dropped the Progresso stop, so its only Belize, Cozumel and Key West. They do stay in Cozumel until 11:00 now instead of leaving earlier to make the Progresso stop.

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 27th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Beginner

We went on the Ecstasy Jan of 2004 where my 15 yr old daughter brought along an 15 yr old friend. My husband and I had 2 cabins side by side and we booked each with one adult and one child. We checked in to the ship and then switched rooms. My husband and I in one and the girls in the other. I told the gal at check in we were going to do this and they gave me an extra room key to the girls cabin so I could check on them when or if needed. I did a few times and what a mess! Glad I wasnt sharing with them. They also liked the free room service they could order late at night. Their room steward had no problem with 2 15 yr olds in a room by themselves. I would say there is no problem on switching around in rooms once there, but just book a person 21 or older in a room with them.
Cinderose