Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 1st, 2005, 04:35 PM
Admiral

Default Entertainment that does not cost anything

One of my favorite activities onboard a cruise ship is I usually settle my bill in the morning of the last full day at sea (i.e. if cruise ends on Sunday, I pay up saturday 10 am)..

Then on saturday afternoon I go to the atrium and have a seat across from the purser's desk, order the drink of the day, and watch the long line of folks scream at the poor folks at the purser's desk about their sign and sale account that they didn't monitor during the week. It's better then going to a midnight x-rated comedy show offered on the ships..

Do other CM'er's enjoy watching other activities that involve passengers blaming the cruise lines for something they could have controlled or should have known
Sponsored Links
Old December 1st, 2005, 05:18 PM
Admiral

Oh yeah! You should have been on the Liberty a couple of weeks ago. I went to get my nails filled and I was sitting and waiting for the nail tech to come for me and I am listening with great interest to the receptionist who was on the phone with a lady whose relative had made an appointment for her and a several others in the spa (I don't know what they were to have done). Well the lady who made the appointment failed to inform her multitude of relatives that she had taken it upon herself to make appointments for all of them. The spa receptionist does wake up calls for all of their early morning clients to ensure they don't miss their appointments and she sure got an earful from the relatives when she mentioned that there could be a cancellation charge involved if they were no shows. The relatives exlained that they had no knowledge of the appointments and didn't feel they should pay the charge ( I agree) so eventually they ascertained that it was (we'll call her)"Denitra" who made the appointments for everyone. So the decision was made to charge the cancellation fee for all the appointments to "Denitra". Well it wasn't too long after all partied involved were notified that Denitra graced the spa with an appearance, from the looks of things Denitra had just drug herself out of bed after a long hard night. She starts yelling at the receptionist and basically doing anything possible to provoke her. Luckily this young lady named Honey was a seasoned professional and never took the bait. She kept her cool and basically let Denitra take out all of her frustrations on her and after a time, she simply said ma'am I am sorry that you are upset, however I do not have the authority to remove those charges from your account and all I can do is direct you to the Purser's desk for assistance. This crazy woman could have cared less how much money she cost the young men and ladies who had blocked time out for the services she booked or the fact that by reserving all those times other people who may have wanted to fill those spots couldn't, not to mention how much money it cost the cruise line (which as we all know is eventually passed on to you and me) and then she feels entitled too harass them as well. I do pretty well most of the time controlling my temper, however this is one time when I felt the customer was not right, and she was so wrong I hope the cruise line stuck it to her with the maximum possible cancellation fee possible. That was my cheap entertainment for the day.
Old December 1st, 2005, 05:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Our favorite thing to do was to sit on the Lido deck and even with the signs that said please walk on the carpet, not the deck, because it's wet, people walked on it anyway. I know it's sick, but d***m, stupid people are funny sometimes.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 2nd, 2005, 05:08 PM
Captain

Well why we are land locked (waiting on our next cruise) we can go down to Wal-Mart near the Customer Service counter (refunds & returns) & you will get an ear full..... Poor girls....

Conquest .... Nov /03 (New Orleans)
Conquest .... Dec /05 (Galveston)
Celebration.. Sept /06 (Jacksonville)
Fantasy....... Dec/07 (New Orleans)
Splendor...... Nov. 29th, 2009

Splendor...... Nov. 28th, 2010 (booked)
Old December 2nd, 2005, 06:35 PM
Admiral

or go to any airline ticket counter when there is a cancellation
Old December 2nd, 2005, 08:27 PM
Admiral

We like to grab a seat near the pursers desk and listen to all the excuses people have for removing the automatic tips from their bill. Some are really creative. But we figure most are just doing it to stiff the staff.

ttfn Jennifer
Old December 3rd, 2005, 10:53 AM
Captain

Default We will be in line.....

I will be in line to remove the automatic tipping as we want to tip personally this cruise, my daughter will make sure that I do tip..... Taking a bunch of small bills & envelopes.....

Conquest .... Nov /03 (New Orleans)
Conquest .... Dec /05 (Galveston)
Celebration.. Sept /06 (Jacksonville)
Fantasy....... Dec/07 (New Orleans)
Splendor...... Nov. 29th, 2009

Splendor...... Nov. 28th, 2010 (booked)