Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 2nd, 2005, 02:39 PM
First Mate

Default quiet places on the carnival destiny

where can i find a good and relaxing places on board of the destiny
Sponsored Links
Old December 2nd, 2005, 05:02 PM
Captain

Default Library for one....

I have only been on the Conquest but may be able to help....
Try the Library if you have one, will be non-smoking, quiet & very few vistors (nice plush reading chairs & couch if you want to doze off!!!).... I also found that as you exit from the Piano Bar the outside decks had very little trafic & empty lounges (one side is non-smoking & smoking on the other side.....
We also liked to set at a table with an ocean view in the restraunt that has the bufet ( on off hours), the coffe, tea & hot chocalate serving stations were open..... Hope this helps, should be the same for the Destiny...

Conquest .... Nov /03 (New Orleans)
Conquest .... Dec /05 (Galveston)
Celebration.. Sept /06 (Jacksonville)
Fantasy....... Dec/07 (New Orleans)
Splendor...... Nov. 29th, 2009

Splendor...... Nov. 28th, 2010 (booked)
Old December 4th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to phazer59 Send a message via Yahoo to phazer59

The buffet diner off hours sounds good, you can also try the upper seating area of the buffet dining. There is two levels of outside deck on the very front of the ship not many people know about. You can only access it from the hallways of the passenger cabin area . I "think" its like deck 7 or 8 way up front. If the ship is moving, you MUST be very careful opening the door for it is very windy up there. At night it is very dark, great place for veiwing the stars. Good Luck on your cruise.
Old December 4th, 2005, 09:53 PM
Captain

I discovered those decks up front. Great spot. I think there is a game room that is quiet. I think that they don't mind if you sit in the disco during the day if it is not in use. The ship is quiet during the morning if you are an early riser. I am often the first one on the deck at 6-6:30.

K
Old December 8th, 2005, 12:29 AM
Captain

I too found the quiet deck up front. We sailed on the inagural sailing on the Destiny. try going to the Veranda deck and go all the way front and open the door and go onto the deck there. It's quiet and very few people go there. there also is a deck you can get to through a doorway that is past the jogging track. just keep going towards the bow and youll see it

AKcruiser
Old December 8th, 2005, 02:03 PM
First Mate

thank you all so far can you tell me more about the carnival destiny