Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 4th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Passenger

Default morning coffee/Triumph?

Hello everyone,

First time cruiser on the Triumph! I am an early riser and my husband sleeps later and rather than wake him with room service each morning I was hoping there was a spot I could fill my travel mug with coffee in the wee hours and find a quiet spot on deck to watch the sun rise. I often get up by 5am and was wondering if anyone knows how early I can get a cup of coffee and where I should go?

Thanks for any help.

Barb
Sponsored Links
Old December 4th, 2005, 08:57 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Carnival Vincent

Hello,

You can get coffee in the Lido deck restaurant 24 hours a day. There is alway's at least one coffee machine working. You can get continental breakfast olso on Lido deck from 6am till the time the full breakfast buffet begins. Try olso the coffee to Go at Vienna Cafe, it's on Promenade, deck 5. This coffee isn't free, but they make the best special coffee's like cappuciono,espresso, iced coffee's moccachino etc. Vienna Cafe is opend from 8am til 1am.

Have Fun and enjoy your coffee.

Vincent
Old December 4th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Admiral

I get up with the chickens most days too. On our Carniva Cruises I've never had a problem finding coffee at any time of the day or night. Usually it is on the lido deck. Keep in mind there will likely be a difference between your home time zone and ship's time. So if it's 5:00 a.m. at home, it could be 7:00 on the ship, depending on where you live and where you're cruising. Every morning I would let the bed heads (d/h and the kids) sleep in while I'd go down and have some coffee, go check my email, do a little work and then wait for them to give me a buzz on the walkie talkie to let me know they were up. Have a great time.
Old December 4th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Passenger

Barb 1963
When are you sailing? We are sailing on the Triumph too, on December 31.
Old December 4th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Passenger

Thank you Vincent, Beenie! Now atleast I will have an idea where to head as I am comatose til the coffee does it's thing. I think I can manage an elevator and a coffee machine...lol.
PhilandMike we are sailing on the 21st of January, I would love to hear your thoughts of the ship and itinerary once you return though. Happy cruising!

Barb
Old December 8th, 2005, 12:38 AM
Captain

Barb, we are sailing on the Triumph Jan 21 also. We were on the Triumph last jan and are returning this year with my sister and brother in law.

My hubby loves the latte's in the Vienna Cafe. The Lido deck area always has hot coffee available.

Happy sailing,

AKcruiser
Old December 8th, 2005, 06:49 AM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to David West Send a message via Yahoo to David West
Default morning coffee/Triumph?

Glad to see your planning on watching a few sunrises, and/or sunsets. They both can be very beautiful, and no two are the same.I may not see every sunset, but I do see every sunrise. The wife has her coffee, and I have my orange juice on deck. (aft )

In the early morning hours, the ship is very quiet, and very few people are early risers. This is also a great time to use the Internet Cafe, or just browse and look around the ship.
Hope you have a wonderful cruise

Happy Sailing;
David
Legend May 2009
Liberty - Aug.23 2008
Fantasy - Sept.22 2007
Fantasy - Sept.27 2007 (B 2 B )
Holiday- Sept.- 2006
Valor- May - 2006
Conquest- August- 2003
Inspiration-Sept.-2001
Enchanted Isle- Sept.- 1999
Old December 9th, 2005, 08:12 AM
Passenger

AKCruiser it's terrific to know we will have company!! I will have to try one of those Latte's you speak of but I will surely be easy to find at the coffee machine each morning bright and early.
David, thank you, I am looking forward to the sunrises and the early morning hours on the ship. There is something about that time of day that reminds me how lucky I am and how wonderful it is to be able to enjoy each one. I am hoping that our 6:15 seating in the dining room won't take me away from to many sunsets aswell.

Thanks for the replies everyone, it's so helpful to be prepared with some of these small details so one can more enjoy all of the others more signifigant moments like sunrises, sunsets, the company of fellow cruisers and seeing places one may never get to unless....cruising.

Barb