Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 6th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival Destiny

I was just wondering why everyone says the Carnival Destiny is such a bad ship? My family and I are going on the Destiny April 9th 2006.
Sponsored Links
Old December 6th, 2005, 04:19 PM
First Mate

Well - first of all - not EVERYONE says that. There are a few, granted - but it woudn't matter what ship you were talking about - there is always going to be somebody that doesn't like it.
We haven't gone on the Destiny yet - we are scheduled for May of 2006. But I've read plenty of good reviews - and many people say that they would not hesitate to pick the Destiny again.
I think the problem is the age - the Destiny is not one of the newest ships - but it doesn't have to be new. We went on the Inspiration last year - and she was about the same age... we also had read some negative reviews - but we have a fantastic time and had nothing to complain about.
I have no doubt that I (and you) will have a great cruise on the Destiny. If you go looking for a fantastic time - you will most likely have one. Just don't believe everything you read.
Happy Sailing....
Old December 7th, 2005, 06:33 PM
First Mate

hi. i was on the destiny this past nov. having gone on a few other cruises before, it was a little bit rough on the edges as any older ship would be. BUT, IT WAS A GREAT CRUISE. you will have a blast. a real party ship, with great entertainment and a lot of activities. and the ports of call are the best in the carrib. enjoy
Old December 10th, 2005, 09:38 PM
Passenger

The Destiny had a lot of neat features that its sisters/cousins didnt- like the swim up bars, staircase from nightclub to the Onyx room... the layout of the dining rooms was a little confusing, but otherwise it was a great ship (I concur with the great nightlife comment!). Have a great cruise!
Old December 30th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Beginner

My husband and I are also booked on Destiny on April 9th. We are anxious to cruise on a Carnival ship again. Don't believe everything you read. I have come to the conclusion that people love to complain about everything.
We love the ports on this cruise.
ENJOY!!!
Old December 31st, 2005, 07:58 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to MrPete

The ship is fine. I personally didn't care for the decor; very sterile compared to her two sisters.

But we had great food, interesting ports, and a good time all around.
Past Cruises: Explorer of the Seas 2008 Explorer of the Seas 2007 Carnival Victory 2007 Explorer of the Seas 2006 Legend 2005 Miracle 2004 Disney Wonder 2004; Pride 2003 Legend 2002 Disney Wonder 2002 Destiny 2001 Victory 2000 Triumph 1999 Jubilee 1998 Imagination 1997 Imagination 1996 Fascination 1995 Ecstasy 1993 Fantasy 1990 Jubilee 1990 NCL Seaward 1989 Jubilee 1988
Old January 2nd, 2006, 02:40 AM
First Mate

the ship is changed i think but is ther a swimming bar or not.
can you tell me after your cruise how it was because we are going the 12 of march and we have a mini suite maybe you too. anjoy your cruise
Old January 2nd, 2006, 04:40 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to joelorah
Default We'll see

I read really good reviews of the Destiny and really bad reviews. I'm going on the Destiny in March. It'll be my 5th Carnival cruise so I'll let you know how it compares.
Old January 3rd, 2006, 11:40 AM
Passenger

Arie,
You said to let you know how the Destiny is but I am not going till April and you are going in March so you will know how it is before me. So please let me know how the Destiny is.
Old January 3rd, 2006, 01:48 PM
First Mate

Default tara i know i going first

tara yes i will do that what cabin do you have i will try too find it and try too make a picture for you
Old January 3rd, 2006, 02:30 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via MSN to sgtmomret

I'd like to know also as were sailing on her the 29 Apr 06. This will be our 5th cruise all with Carnival...and I have never been disappointed with them. I plan to have a great time and also planning to stay in San Juan for 3 extra days after the cruise. Remember is what you make of it, so enjoy it. Val