Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 7th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy
Default flying into Orlando - where to stay??

I am flying into Orlando April 14th for a cruise out of Port Canaveral April 15th. I am flying in the day before because last time, our flight was delayed and we almost missed the boat!! NO chances taken any more!! Anyway, is there a hotel close by the airport that anyone knows of that we can stay and then get the transfers to the terminal the next a.m. I think that would be the easiest way to go. We don't arrive into Orlando until about 7 that night. Does anyone know of decent hotel? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old December 8th, 2005, 06:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Cheryl you might want to check out the Raddison at the port, we are booked here for our may 13 cruise on the Glory. I hope this helps..
I read on here it was a good place to stay....

"We are the closest hotel to Port Canaveral, and the closest in the Cocoa Beach Area to Kennedy Space Center, I-95, the Orlando Attractions, and Orlando International Airport."

Georgia girl
Old December 8th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Admiral

Hi Cheryl,
How have you been? Getting everything back in order? Good to see you're doing another cruise! I just got a job after 7 months of unemployment so it might be a while for me... but that's okay.

Anyway, back to your question. Which cruise are you going on? We cruised on the Glory and Mariner. I grew up in the Port Canaveral area, know the area fairly well but it's changed and grown alot. You have a few options.

Since you arrive into Orlando in the evening, you could:
1. book a room at the AmeriSuites across the street from the airport. I have stayed there and they have a free shuttle service and complimentary breakfast. After breakfast, take the shuttle back to the airport and take the cruiseline transfer to the port. Not sure of the cost.

2. You could stay at the AmeriSuites and use a limo service or another shuttle service. We have used the Cocoa Beach Shuttle company before but there are others.

3. Like Georgia girl said, you could book a hotel room near the port. It's only an hour drive so you would arrange a shuttle to the hotel from the airport. I have stayed at the Radisson. My opinion, it's pricey and very crowded on cruise day. I would recommend staying at the Hampton Inn just a couple miles down A1A. They have a complimentary breakfast and large rooms if the kids are joining you. Get a room with a view on the 8th floor, you will have a view of the ocean on both sides! They have a nice pool and a pathway to Cocoa Beach for a late night stroll! Also good is the Comfort Inn Suites a couple of hotels up from there.

You're smart to go the day before! Have a great time.

Teresa

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old December 8th, 2005, 08:20 PM
Admiral

We stayed at the Orlando Airport Marriot post-cruise a couple of weeks ago. Its fine and has a nice pool area and one of the nicest breakfast buffets I've seen in a long time. Its a bit on the pricey side if booked traditionally, however we got it for about $70 a night through Priceline. We stayed at a great place for a few days pre-cruise called the Regal Palms it was very nice. We had a 3 bedroom townhouse and it has pools, waterslides, hot tubs, and a lazy river and a nice restaurant on site. But you'd likely need a rental car and you wouldn't have enough time to take advantage of all the amenities unless you wanted to try it post cruise. D/H and I are talking about just taking 4-5 days and going back there to chill a while.
Old December 8th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

Thanks all for your great advice! I ddin't know that the pier was about 50 min from the airport! Hey Theresa -- yep getting things back to normal. Still hard at times, but it is better. Holidays have been rough. You know when your depressed, the best thing to do is spend money -- so thats what I did -- booked 2 cruises! ...this one on the EAstern and the next on the Conquest again. After that I plan, in time, to hit Hawaii and then go out of New York up to Halifax, etc. Keeping a cruise booked keeps me going ! Thanks!
Old December 16th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Beginner

Default Airport Hotel in Orlando

Hi,

I stayed last April at the Hyatt airport hotel in Orlando. It has been recently renovated and is very comfortable. Best of all, it is part of the airport complex. You can pick up your luggage and walk indoors a few steps to the hotel entrance. Perfect for an evening arrival. I'm not sure about the airport transfers to the port, but you can call the hotel and ask. You can get a good internet only rate at hyatt.com. Enjoy your cruise. Hope this helps!
Old December 19th, 2005, 08:12 AM
Passenger

I would recommend staying at the Radisson, nice hotel and they have a free shuttle to the pier. We used Family One Transportation a number of times to get to the Radisson and back to the airport after the cruise, very dependable.
Old December 20th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

I can also highly recommend the Hyatt located inside of MCO (orlando airport). Just step off the plane, get your luggage, walk a few feet, check in, go to room. Very easy!! Next morning you can check out via the TV or sign the bill that they slide under your door. Walk out of your room to baggage claim and get on the BUS!!

Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas 12/4/2009 Bahamas
Carnival Valor 3/9/2008 Eastern Caribbean
Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas 6/24/2006 Western Mediterranean
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas 5/29/2006
Carnival Conquest 6/20/2004 Western Caribbean
Royal Caribbean Sovereign of the Seas 12/20/2002 Bahamas
Old December 20th, 2005, 02:59 PM
Yeoman

What about transportation in Orlando? Has anybody used the city transportation? I was thinking of staying in cape Canaveral so it's closer to the port but we'll still want to get to MGM Studios and some beaches. Not too many hotels offer free shuttles everywhere and there are 6 of us.

We thought of renting a mini-van but where to we pick up and drop off?

Thanks for your help!
Old December 20th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Admiral

Orlando and MGM Studios are 1 hour from Cape Canaveral. There are many Orlando based transportation companies and there are transporation companies that are only allowed airport pick up and hotel pick ups to transport you out of the Orlando area. We used the Cocoa Beach Shuttle a couple years ago and were happy with their service. They could only pick us up a the airport and had to take us about 20 or so miles outside the Orlando area. This link might help you. http://www.orlandoairports.net/goaa/main.htm

Teresa

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302