Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 12th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Beginner

Default Carnival Liberty Review 12/4-12/10

First time writing a review so bear w/ me. Our group consisted of 6 adults, 2 seniors and 3 toddlers.

Embark: Got to pier at 12pm and was it crowded!! Stood in line outside the terminal for over an hour. My sister walked to the front and found out the they havent even opened the doors yet. Yikes!! Finally opened the doors and we were led to another holding area where we waited another 1/2 hr. Again, doors were opened and yes, another waiting area. Finally, we went to the counters where they processed our papers rather quickly. About a 2 hr wait all together. We saw ppl still leaving the ship on the gangway when we were boarding. Looked like some sort of travel agent convention.

Food: I've been on RCCL 3 times and I think the buffet is better but the dining room food was little worse. Everything was "OK" but nothing special. The prime rib was REALLY good though (best I've had ever). Our party was split into 2 tables and we had different wait staffs. The other party had great waiter and asst waiter. They would refill drinks, bread, and asked if they needed anything constantly. Our, however, was near awful. The main waitress seemed had to do everything herself and asst was no where to be seen. We had to ask for everything because no one was there and had to flag em down constantly. Kind of a drag b/c you expect better service. I still gave the main waitress an additional tip but almost took away the asst waiter his pre-charged tip. Decided not to b/c they live on tips anyway(felt kinda bad if i did). One couple went to Harry's and said it was "OK".. nothing to write about so we decided to cancel our reservation. So I can not comment on that.

Shows: Did not go to any shows b/c had to entertain the kid. We could've sent him to camp carnival but DW doesn't believe in that. My sister did send her kid and said it they are good. Heard shows were decent though.

Ports : Freeport.. not much to see or do. Wish Carnival would drop the port and do a private island or jamicia. We bought some tee shirts only. Grand Cayman: crowded.. went to stingray city. Nice but our boat docked where waves were really hitting hard so didnt have a great time. Did the t-shirt and rum cake thing again. Our driver suggested turtle burger so we tried it. At $10 a burger, not good experience; kinda dry and gamey. Costa Maya: Probably the nicest stop. Took a ride to Malhula? at 5$ round trip. The kids were free. The girls got massages for $20/40min and worth it. Think ship charges $100. Beach was pretty clean w/ some twigs and stuff. Sand isn't as nice as Cancun or other places. Little rocky near the shore but nice and sandy further out. Eat ceviche,lobster, ship, chips and sort. Kinda expensive b/c bill came to $150 but it was good. If had to order again, i'd just do the appetizers. Again, tee-shirts and souvenirs.

Ship: Nice and clean!! Always seeing staff cleaning!! Pool area was little small for the size of the ship but didn't have problem. But the kiddie pool was a joke. Looked horrible but the kids actually liked it. They just walked around in 1ft of water. More like a wading pool. Our room was always clean and steward was great. Bought some pics but gets expensive at $20 per picture.

Disembark: We had 11am flight was decided to self-disembark. Started at 7:30am and got to airport around 8:30am. Our other group did it regular way and got to airport around 9:30am. Should've done it regular way b/e self-assit and to carry own luggage. But better to be safe b/c 11am was cutting it close.

Overall: 7/10. Would've better if wait staff was better. I couldn't complain much. And would go again if the price was right.
Sponsored Links
Old December 29th, 2005, 12:45 PM
Beginner

I would like to talk with anyone who has the dvd that was sold on the CARNIVAL LIBERTY FOR THE SAIL DATE OF DEC. 4. Please email me at michelesnyder1@msn.com

Thanks, Michele