Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 14th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival Legend, Panorama deck Room 8267

This going to be our balcony room...on the Panorama deck.

Is anybody familiar with the rear balcony rooms on the Legend?

Is it noisy up on the Panorama deck?

Can you sit on your balcony without prying eyes from above?

Thanks!
Old December 14th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Captain

Send a message via MSN to hockeyluver

We were in 7294 on the Legend and it was beautiful we didnt have any problems with any noise or prying eyes if you look in the photo gallery under Carnival Legend Dec 15-23 i put some pictures up. You will love the Legend dont worry you get used to the urns after the first day

Next up Elation Aug 23 '10
then the Miracle again Feb 7,2011
Miracle '10
Holiday '09
Legend '09
Triumph '08
Valor '07
Triumph '06
Fascination '04
Legend '03
Old December 14th, 2005, 10:53 PM
Passenger

Thanks, hockeyluvr...

One question: what are "urns"???

PS: I love hockey too! Go Wings!!!
Old December 14th, 2005, 11:24 PM
First Mate

Default Carnival Legend 12/3/05-12/11/05

Just returned from the Legend. We were in cabin 8241 - a great room with a balcony. Was a fantastic cruise - folks, this cruise has more food variety and selection than ever. Stop right there, you are not going to like everything, but the variety is unbelievable and you will undoubtedly find something you do indeed like. I have to say, I was very disappointed in the pizza this time. Either they changed the brand of cheese they use or they do not cook the pizza thoroughly. My thought is that they are trying to cut back, but who knows for sure. I always thought they had the best pizza, but this time was disappointed. With that said, overall I thought the food was awesome. The grille food and the deli food was a major hit and overall the dining room food was very tasty and well presented. They also serve Asian every day.

I HAVE A HUGE RECOMMENDATION - PLEASE SPEND THE $30 TO EAT IN THE GOLDEN FLEECE SUPPER CLUB! It was phenomenal and probably the best meal I've ever had. But, go very hungry as they serve you things (good stuff) you don't even ask for. I absolutely believe the $30 fee is very well worth it! Our servers were Marina and Yulia - both Russian. They were fantastic! If it didn't make me so full, I would have gone twice.

I was not pleased with the dining room team as they forgot my orders and seemed a bit disorganized - this is really the first negative experience I've had in the dining room overall on my 13 cruises with Carnival. The asst waiter spilled a glass of wine on me, after I just had my tux pressed that day. With express laundry service I spent about $16.00 so I was not too pleased. She apologized, but did not even attempt to replace the glass of wine. Ok, I did not let this one incident ruin my cruise, but it was unprofessional.

Great room steward in Amelia! She was simply awesome. The hose on the shower broke completely off and fell to the shower floor. I reported it and Amelia had it fixed (I know she did not do the work) in less than 2 hours. She was really on the ball!

I thought the entertainment was excellent - it continues to get better and better on Carnival. The string quartet and all of the major productions in the Follies Lounge were great. The Music Connection in Satchmo's Lounge was very good. The amount of entertainment and variety offered was above that of many other ships. I don't believe I ever experienced more shows, even on other Carnival ships, than the number of productions and acts on the Legend.

Prior to the cruise, I was concerned about the Cruise Director since I had read here on line that it would most likely be Brett Alans (sp?) and many did not provide very good feedback, however, we had Lenny Halliday. He was not bad at all - what a tough job the Cruise Director has - nice job Lenny. He did indicate he will be leaving the legend after the next cruise -taking holiday to go back home to visit his wife and family.

One thing I think Carnival can definitely improve on is the embarkation process in Ft. Lauderdale. It is the only place where I have encountered a wait of 90 mins or greater. This does not seem to happen with the other Cruise Lines in Ft. Lauderdale so this is a dissatisfier for Carnival.

If anyone has any questions don't hesitate to ask.

By the way, prior to my cruise I read a lot of postings and many people asked questions regarding the past passenger benefits (i.e. the gold vs. platinum status). If this is your first Carnival cruise you will receive a red, white and blue sign and sail card. If this is your second (and up thru 9 I believe) you will receive a gold sign and sail card. I believe at 10 you receive a platinum - this is what I had. The card means absolutely nothing at this point, except that ALL past passengers are invited to the past guest reception. The gold and platinum card holders get nothing more than the holders of the red, white and blue other than the reception. I did have many crew members ask me "how many cruises have you been on", etc but I did not receive any additional perks. I was hoping for a quicker embarkation because of the # of cruises, but this is not the case. HINT, HINT Carnival - this would be a great idea if you could pull it off!

With that said, this was one of my favorite cruises ever. I will keep sailing on Carnival as I think they've built the best product. I've always enjoyed the Carnival product and it seems they just keep making it better and better. I'll be booking my 14th before long.

Carnival, keep up the great work!

Cheers mates!
Old December 15th, 2005, 02:27 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Tami:

The aft balcony cabins have the best views on the ship. The noise levels should not be a problem. I have had the wrap around balcony, but not under the Panorama deck, and had no noise problems.

There is a Urn motif that is used for everything from table legs to pedestals and support pillars. They are throughout the ship but you get used to them and they can even become somewhat familiar.

It was two years ago that I cruised on the Legend and found the food to be near the top of the list in my cruises. Then again that was two years ago.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 15th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the info and the detail, ChrisM...also MikeM for the room info... We can't wait!!!

Tami