Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 26th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival's "One Upper" Bunk Rooms

My wife and I are sailing on Carnival Inspiration 1/30. We booked a guaranteed selection for our cabin. I checked Carnival's website and found that our room has a symbol next to it denoting "One Upper". Are there only 2 beds in this room? (A twin on the floor and a twin in the air?, or a double on the floor and an additional single in the air?) If so, is there any way to push 2 beds together to form one so that we can sleep together?!!?!?!? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old December 26th, 2005, 02:44 PM
Passenger

At least I'm assuming that's what "One Upper" means.
Old December 26th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Admiral

It means there are three beds....two lower beds [which can generally be pushed together] and an upper bunk
Old December 26th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Passenger

Have you been assigned a cabin number yet? There could be 2 possiblities, category 1 is only 1 Upper and 1 Lower berth, if it is any other category (for example 4, 6, etc.) your cabin will have 2 lowers (which can be converted to a double bed by your cabin steward) and 1 upper if it denotes the dot beside the cabin in the deck plans. If you look up your cabin no. in the deck plans, you will be able to see what category you have. We've booked Cat. 1 guarantee a few times before, and have always been bumped up to a higher category inside stateroom. Hope I haven't confused you more.

Mark

Carnival Victory
Old December 26th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Passenger

We're on the Empress Deck, Category 6D, with one dot in our room. Do I have to request that the beds be pushed together in advance (We did this on our Norwegian Cruise and the beds were pushed together when we got on the ship), or once we get on the ship?? Thanks for the answers. I feel better.
Old December 26th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Admiral

I would do both. If they are not together when you board simply ask the steward to put them together as a king.
Jim