Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 27th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Passenger

Default Document Question

Going on cruise with mom and 2 sisters,its there first cruise my third do we need passports? or have they delayed that also i read on here that there was something about my mom needing something from my dad regarding taking my sisters out of the country?Is this true,If so what does she need the only problem if we need something hes in prison thanks in advance James:0)
Sponsored Links
Old December 27th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Admiral

If the sisters are underage then yes she does need something stating she has his permission to take them on this cruise. An attorney might be asked for the document if necessary. As it needs to be notorized you cannot just forge his name and of course I would never suggest you do that. As for the documents, you all need at least a original birth certificate and if over 12 years of age, (I think it is 14 or 16 actual requirements), have some sort of photo ID for them. The adults also need to have the same documents. Passports are ideal as that is the only document that is necessary for positive ID anywhere in the world and will soon be required everywhere. I highly recommend them for everyone.
Jim
Old December 27th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Passenger

i just called Carnival and they said as long as there is no custody battle then she doesnt need anything and if she was in a battle how would Carnival know?
Old December 27th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

We just returned from the Victory and took the notarized document from my step-daughters' mother stating that their father and I have permission, etc. The girls live with us. However, we never had to show that document to anyone at any time. For us, it might not have been thought of since the girls have the same last name as my husband and myself. We took our 15 year olds school ID and that wasn't needed either. I would also recommend passports for everyone though and to take any documents you can, including ID and the notarized statement.