Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 28th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Beginner

Default Carnival Victory Cruise 12/18

Well where do I begin. This was our first time cruising on Carnival my husband and I have been on Celebrity and my other family members were first time cruisers. Before our cruise we contacted Carnival regarding the change from Cozumel to Costa Maya we were told there would be no port time changes and everything would stay the same. Low and behold on our first day we were given a notice of change which changed our port time 7 hours shorter.

As far as a FUN SHIP I must say there was nothing fun about it. My 13 and 18 year old could not find enough to do to keep them busy. As far as entertainment I'm not sure if that is what you would call it. Lack of is a better term. The cruise director Dana Hodson has no personalitly and should return to radio. We attended all of the shows and the Victory Dancers is what made the entertainment on the ship.

As far as service the housekeepers and wait staff made up for the ignorance of the other crew members that were not personable or helpful in any manner.

Our ports were short and the trip was long too long. The money we spent on this trip is something that will never be repeated. We will never cruise carnival again!!!
Sponsored Links
Old December 29th, 2005, 09:38 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to tina1114 Send a message via Yahoo to tina1114

Sorry to hear that you had such a bad time. I was cruising with you. I did hear a few people complaining and although they were things that I didn't like, I enjoyed myself.

I couldn't imagine staying in Costa Maya the same amount of time as Cozumel. There just really isn't much to do there. Once it rained, I was ready to get back to the ship.

The cabin stewards and waitstaff were wonderful. I am not sure who you mean regarding the other staff as I found almost everyone great to deal with. The only point that I do agree with is the one about the cruise director. Great radio voice but seems to just go through the motions.
Old December 29th, 2005, 06:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Am sorry to hear that you had such a bad time on your cruise ... I understand and realize that soem ships and cruiselines are not for everyone ... I myself, was on the 10.23.05 sailing of the Victory and found the crew, service, entertainment, food, and ports to be wonderful ... in fact, I am already booked again on the Victory for next December ...

Candy

1st Cruise Fantasy 2004