Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 28th, 2005, 11:11 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival air, transfers and hotel OR book your own ?

I am still trying to decide which way to go. We will be staying in Rome for 2 nights precruise in Aug. Should we do everything through Carnival or on our own? Which way is most economical?
Sponsored Links
Old December 29th, 2005, 12:16 AM
Admiral

Generally, a round trip airflight you book on your own is less expensive, as are hotel rooms. CCL transfers to/from the ship are about $130/pp [round trip]. If you choose to use CCL transfers, keep in mind you have to add that amount to any lower price airfare you find.

Check what CCL wants....and check what the major websites such as Orbitz [et cetera] are offering. Don't forget to add the $130 figure to air purchased independently.

Booking hotels may be a bit more problematic. Usually you can do it for less on your own. The main advantage to a hotel CCL chooses is that you know it'll have things like elevators/individual bathrooms/et cetera. You can either book independently at one of those [don't forget to add cab fare/confirm there is a shuttle from the airport to the hotel/back if you're booking independently] or research a hotel of your own at a location such as http://www.tripadvisor.com
Old December 29th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

I usually end up booking on my own as it is much cheaper. I've had good luck with hotels booking through either Priceline or Hotwire. I would check it both ways and see what the price difference is. If its close, given that you'll be in a foreign country I would book through Carnival.
Old December 29th, 2005, 10:45 AM
Admiral

do your homework, compare. Lots of times on European itinearies, you are better off booking thru the cruise line- air,hotel, transfers.