CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   best month for Hawaii (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/305954-best-month-hawaii.html)

cherylroy December 31st, 2005 12:59 PM

best month for Hawaii

Can anyone tell me what the best month for a trip to Hawaii would be? Is the weather and sites the same year round? No children :-)

butterfly December 31st, 2005 02:19 PM

Best Month In Hawaii

Not completely sure about this but isn't May and June when the whales come closer to the islands in Hawaii for mating. That would be fantastic in my opinion. I have seen this once on a west coast cruise and I'll bet 50 whales were spouting at one time. It was awsome!

cherylroy December 31st, 2005 09:20 PM

That would be awesome -- thats w hat I hear and am trying to find the month that happens. Thanks!!

richstacy January 1st, 2006 12:50 AM

Sorry but that was some bad advice you got about the whales. The whales are there January through March. They are Humpbacks and they are pretty spectacular. the weather is wonderful all year, but it gets a few degrees hotter and more humid from June on until about October. January through March are definitely the prefered times to go. And Maui is the best Island all around.

cherylroy January 1st, 2006 01:39 AM

Wow - thank you very much!! We usually go on cruises around February - so that would work out great. When we left Alaska this past September, I thought I had heard the whales went on down to Hawaii for Oct/Nov but wasn't sure. Thanks for the advice!

MrPete January 1st, 2006 06:50 AM

Carnival only offers Hawaii as repositioning cruises, so you are limit to 4 a year.

2 in April, and 2 in October.

richstacy January 1st, 2006 12:58 PM

Cheryl, Last year we spent a month on Maui in a waterfront condo, Feb. 12 to March 12. One moring sipping coffee out on our Lanai, We counted 45 whales in a period of about an hour. Most were just spouts but some breached completly out of the water. We are going to do it again next year (2007). This year it's a long cruise (Hong Kong to Vancouver) instead.

cherylroy January 1st, 2006 01:31 PM

A MONTH! Oh my gosh! How nice! Must be retired...lol. With my work is hard to get away for a 7 day cruise! Good for you!

butterfly January 1st, 2006 02:25 PM

richstacy

richstacy:
I don't think it's very fair of you to say that I gave BAD advice on whales. I started out my post by saying I'm not exactly sure about this......but......, WHAT I WANTED TO GIVE AS FAR AS ADVICE WAS TO GO WHEN THE WHALES WERE AROUND! I couldn't remember the month or months this occured that is why I said I'm not exactly sure but....... I THOUGHT THE POSTER MIGHT ENJOY SEEING THE WHALES BUT MIGHT NOT HAVE CONSIDERED THEM IN HER PLANS BEFORE I BROUGHT IT UP! If I were to consider going somewhere for a particular reason like this and there was a frame of time that this occured I would of coarse check it out completely before making arrangements. So much for trying to help and being slammed.

richstacy January 1st, 2006 02:47 PM

Wow are you sensitive! Now my feelings are hurt. I don't know you from Adam. I was just trying to tell the lady when the whales are actually there. I certainly didn't mean to insult anyone. :oops: Sorry.

butterfly January 1st, 2006 07:39 PM

Appology Accepted

Appology accepted. We are all just here to try and help each other out. Sorry for being so sensitive.

richstacy January 1st, 2006 11:04 PM

I'm sorry too Butterfly. I certainly didn't mean t be abrasive.
[/img]