Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 6th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Passenger

Default Huston to Galveston on Conquest

Been thinking about crusing on the Conquest out of Galveston TX. When you fly into Huston, what is the best transportation for the price getting to Galveston? Also what hotels in the area would one recommend?
RCCL Brilliance of the Seas, Panama 12/05
Carnival Valor, Western 1/05
Married on Carnival Destiny, Southern 12/2000
Carnival Fantasy, Bahamas 11/97
Sponsored Links
Old January 7th, 2006, 09:59 AM
Passenger

We booked the transfer through Carnival.......cost is $82 canadian per person.... it leaves from the airport......booked our hotel online near the airport.
Old January 7th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Toas Warnstadt

Because we are arriving Houston after 5PM we booked our hotel, Holiday Inn, near the airport. We rented a car, $72.00, one way. Cheaper than any other transportation. This way we can drive, 45 min., to Galveston and do some finalyshopping. If you charter through Carnival you will have to get back to the airport to get on the bus.
Old January 8th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Passenger

Twice we've used Extreme Elegance Limo Service. They are the only ones I know of that will pick up at the hotel rather than the airport, and they are cheaper than Carnival.

MaryLou
Old January 9th, 2006, 07:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

I would not recommend extreme elegance I used them for my last cruise and they were more than happy to charge my credit card except they didnt have our reservation so for our return trip to the airport they never showed up. It was a good thing that I had a late enough flight that I wasnt hurried.
Old January 9th, 2006, 10:54 AM
First Mate

I live in Houston, so don't know about travel arrangements, but if at all possilbe, get airline tickets thru Hobby Airport. It is a lot closer to Galveston. As far as hotels Do you want to stay in Galveston or Houston?
Old January 9th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Hotels in Galveston

This is our second cruise from Galveston and we are once again booked at the Comfort Inn on Galveston Island (Stewart Beach). We stayed there in October and it was very nice for about $100 per room, king size.
Offered a continental breakfast where we talked with a lot of other cruisers that morning and gave us just enough to hold us over for the welcome aboard party on the lido deck.

I called about reservation and said they were booked, but I went online, booked a room, got a confirmation, printed it out and had no problem.

The big plus we found when we got there was they let us park for $15.00 for the entire week and shuttled us to the front door of the terminal. They loaded and unloaded our bags for us and we left our car in their well lit parking lot(of course you are flying in) but for anyone driving this is great. We saved about $70.00. The only drawback we had was that they were a little slow in picking us up that morning. I will park there again, but will call a taxi to take me to hotel to get my car.