Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Passenger

Default Carnival Glory - Last Dry Dock

Can someone tell me when the last time the Glory was dry docked? What does dry docking entail? I am heading on the Glory Feb 11th. YES!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old January 10th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to DanPolulak

She entered dry dock this week soemtime, and will be there for 10 days.

RIP- Cruisemates Teen Host
Old January 10th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Carnival Glory - Last Dry Dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabrady13
Can someone tell me when the last time the Glory was dry docked? What does dry docking entail? I am heading on the Glory Feb 11th. YES!!!!!
Was on the Glory 12/17-12/24, and was advised by the crew that this was the first dry dock for the Glory. It will be lifted out of the water & painted & thoroughly cleaned, plan on replacing furniture,carpet, wallpaper etc. per crew. Should be shiny & new for you in Feb!
Old January 20th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Passenger

Hi Pabrady13, I will volunteer to be your sourse for information about the Glory while she is dry docked, we sailed the Glory this past August and we had a wonderful time. I live in Newport News, Va and we as citizens are proud of the fact that we have the only shipyard in the country that can build an aircraft carrier, the Glory is only about 100 feet shorter in lenght than an aircraft carrrier. With that said the dry docks here are capable of holding a ship the size of the Glory. Yesterday as I was driving past the shipyard I noticed this big beautiful cruise ship in the dry dock. Yes, it was the Glory and from some of the conversation that I had with some friends who work in the yard. They informed me that Carnival had brought in their own workers and that the Glory at a minimum would have her hull sand blasted and repainted, beyond that I couldn't find out anymore details about this drydocking process. She was in beautful shape when we sailed this past August and for the life of me I can't think of what else could be done in the reported 10 days that she will be dry docked. If you are alarmed about a ship being dry docked " taken out of the water" don't be, this is necessary for any ship and must be done from time to time.