CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Outdoor Movies (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/306673-outdoor-movies.html)

josh January 11th, 2006 08:26 PM

Outdoor Movies

does carnival have the outdoor movie screens??? If no, does anyone know which line does..thanks

josh

beenie weenie January 11th, 2006 09:11 PM

The Carnival Liberty does. Its really nice and in spite of the outdoor challenge it actually has good accoustic quality and you can hear with no problem.

big apple January 11th, 2006 10:03 PM

Also available on Princess and Ibelieve on the new RCL SHIP.

arie January 12th, 2006 02:39 PM

carnival destiny did she have one

Donna January 12th, 2006 04:11 PM

[b]Hi Arie,
As far as I know, no Carnival Destiny doesn't have one. Seems the newbuilds are coming with them. Its always possible at sometime during a drydock, they will be added, haven't officially heard that either.
[/b]

Twhit67 January 13th, 2006 02:52 PM

Outdoor Movies

Josh~

I've been on Carnival, Royal Caribbean & Princess and have only had the opportunity to enjoy outdoor movies on Princess.

It was last February (2005), but from what I remember they played about 3-4 movies a day, two of which were in the evening hours after dark.
Although our group (7 female friends) were VERY disappointed with our Princess experience, we LOVED the outdoor movies!

The screen was in the main pool area and in the evenings they would put covers over the lounge chairs that had built in pillows and placed blankets at the foot of each one for you to snuggle up in. They also offered popcorn, free of salt or butter, that was awful! (Popcorn shaped sawdust)

I really wish other cruise lines offered this type of experience since I will never sail with Priness again...

But GOOD LUCK!!

Tracy

fig414 January 13th, 2006 09:22 PM

The screen on Caribbean Princess is NOT in the main pool area as the last poster said. It is in the kids pool area and I agree it is great. It keeps kids away from the main pool during the day and shows movies and sporting events at night.

mehawk January 14th, 2006 09:00 AM

Fig414, not to pick here, :D don't take it hard but, Twhit67 didn't say she was on the Caribbean Princess. She said she was on a Princess ship. I have spent 7 days on the Grand Princess and, indeed, the MUTS is at the main pool area. So, we must assume she was on the Grand.
8)

Anne Campbell January 14th, 2006 09:19 AM

Outdoor Movies

Unless they've been added to other ships in Carnival's fleet, Carnival Liberty is the only one who has these movies. I loved this feature! In the morning a cup of coffee on deck and watching the news on CNN...at night a movie under the stars.

Princess Diamond and Sapphire also have the outdoor movies.

rsham January 14th, 2006 07:51 PM

Does the Conquest have outdoor movies? That would be sooooo cool. We sail May 28th.

Rob M. January 15th, 2006 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsham
Does the Conquest have outdoor movies? That would be sooooo cool. We sail May 28th.

Conquest does NOT have the outdoor movies. No movies anywhere on the ship besides your TV in your cabin.

We leave on the Grand Princess in 5 days, Can't wait for the Movies Under the Stars!